fourteen

Brittany at in Spencer's room as she was trying to figure out the message that was given to her by Toby. "Bad? What's bad? The message."

"Spencer, are you sure that's what the braille says?" Brittany asked. "I mean, I don't fully know about this and we can't just up and ask Jenna."

"I'll ask Toby tomorrow."

"Maybe he's playing a joke."

Brittany looked at the screen as the others discussed the message. When she heard Aria leaving, Brittany decided to go see what's wrong. "I'm going to head home soon. Expecting a call from Shane." The girls nodded as she left. "Aria."

Aria stopped at the bottom of the stairs. "Hanna did something that almost got me caught."

"Let's go outside and you can tell me all about it." Brittany said stepping outside.
~~~
The next morning, Brittany sat with her mom as they waited for Shane. "Why is Shane back in town anyways?"

"It's not a long visit, but he wanted to see us."

Brittany nodded as she pulled her phone out and texted Jason to see if they could Skype one another tonight. Shane sat down and looked at his sister. "Jason is jealous." He said. "He's stuck in class while I get to see my sister and mom."

"Why is he jealous?"

"Him and Brittany are talking." Shane says as Brittany smacked him. "Ow."

"Shut up." She tells him.

Kate smiled as she watched her two kids pick on one another. Her daughter found someone and she was so happy. The past is now behind them and Kate loves every second of it. Brittany is free to move on. "Mom?" She looked at Brittany. "Are we ready to get the day started before Shane heads back."

"Yeah. Let's go."
~~~
That night, Brittany sat in her room laughing. "Shane thought he could pick me up and throw me into the lake. Mom thought it was funny, but she wasn't the one soak."

"Sounds like you had fun." Jason says. "Have you spoken to your friends?"

"We made up, but I don't trust Hanna or Spencer." Brittany tells him as she started twirling her hair. "Spencer has a budding relationship going with Toby, Hanna is hanging out with the artful dodger..."

"Seems like nothings changed. Why are you home if their with one another?"

"Family day. They already knew." She tells him and sighs. "I miss you, Jason. I miss having someone to actually talk to that makes me smile and gets me away from all the drama that is happening."

"I miss you, Britt."

Brittany smiled as she looked at him. She told him the truth. He was her getaway from A and all the other drama that surrounds her and her friends. "I'll talk to you later, Jason."

"Goodnight, Brittany. Talk to you later."

"Goodnight, Jason."