twelve

Brittany was on the phone laughing as she walked into the school. The other liars saw her and wondered who she's speaking to. "Can you believe they didn't show up to check on Brittany?"

"No." Another person said.

"Some friends."

They shared a look knowing this was making them look bad. "Jason, I'll talk to you later. I have class to get to." She said as she walked by them. "Tell Shane to call me when he gets the chance."

"She's still talking to Jason?" Aria asked.

They nodded as they listened to her. "Bye."
~~~
Later that day, Brittany was walking to her locker when she saw the girls. She walked over to them trying to listen in and see what she did wrong. The blonde sighed as she couldn't hear what they were saying as she walked away.

"There they are and yet they haven't asked her how she was doing."

One of the students walked up to Brittany as the other liars watched. "How are you feeling?"

"Better."

"I'm sorry for how your friends are treating you. You did nothing wrong to them."

"Thank you."

The other liars watched her walk away. Aria looked at Emily knowing they screwed up. The same with Hanna and Spencer. "Brittany, are you going to the dance a thon?"

"No. I have to help mom get Shane's room ready since he mentioned that he was coming back soon."

They nodded as she walked away. Seeing the way her friends looked at her, Brittany walked out of the school hoping to get away from them.
~~~
The next morning, Shane walked into Brittany's room and jumped on her bed. "Shane!" She screamed out as she fell out of bed.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty."

"Out!" She tells him.

"No." He said. "Jason wants to see you."

Brittany raised up and nodded as she started getting her clothes. Shane wondered what's up with her and her friends.
~~~
Jason saw the blonde herself waiting. She smiled a bit till he walked up to her. Spencer arrived to see Brittany crying in Jason's chest. "It's okay."

"Can you tell me what I did wrong?" She asked.

"Brittany, you did nothing wrong." He tells her as he held her.

Spencer watched as Jason kissed Brittany's head. She took this as her chance to get answers. "Jason..."

"I'll talk to you later." Brittany said as she kissed his cheek. "Bye. Spencer."
~~~
Emily saw Brittany and walked over to her. "Brittany." She turned to look at her. "I'm so sorry. Aria and I thought if we left you alone then you wouldn't be stressing out."

"I wasn't stressing." She said. "I know for sure Spencer doesn't believe that. She gave me a look because I was with Jason."

"What is going on there?"

"We're just talking." Brittany shut her locker and looked at her. "Is that why they've been treating me this way?"

When Emily didn't say a word, Brittany hit her locker and walked away. Emily sighed as she knew this was going to happen. Aria walked over to her. "Emily?"

"She's pissed, but I don't think it's at us." She said. "She knows they stopped because of her friendship with Jason."

"I think they like one another." Aria said. "Everytime you turned around, she was always talking to him...he was there for her when we weren't."

They looked at Brittany seeing as she was smiling. She walked to class as tonight was going to be amazing. She was going on her first date with Jason.
~~~
In class, Brittany sat taking notes when she heard Spencer. "Typical, Spencer."

Spencer and Hanna looked at Brittany as the bell rang. "That's new."

"Emily told her everything." Hanna said. "She knows we won't speak because of Jason."

"What else did she say?"

"Apparently, Jason was at the hospital with Brittany when we never knew she was there and he was there when we stopped speaking to her." Hanna sighed. "I think we made a mistake."

Brittany heard them and rolled her eyes. No more tears. They are seeing that they screwed up and that it will take more then just an apology.
~~~
That night, Brittany smiled as she looked at herself in the mirror. Jason told her that he had to speak to Spencer and then they will be gone. She heard a knock and went to the door. She opened it to see Jason. "Wow."

"Ready?"

Jason nodded as she shut the door behind her. Brittany smiled as they walked together. "Brittany." She looked at him just for him to kiss her.

The blonde kissed him back before they left.
~~~
Aria and Emily walked over to Brittany. "Brittany..."

"I thought about and I'll forgive you two. Hanna and Spencer has to work up to their apologies." She tells them.

"So, what's going on between you and Jason?"

Brittany blushed as Aria and Emily looked at her. "Brittany Richardson, do you have a crush on him?"

"We kissed."

The two shared a look of shock as Brittany answered a call. "Hey, Jason."
~~~
That night, the other three liars listened to Spencer talk about the night the photo was taken. They heard a dog barking causing them to go to the window to see Jason and another person. Shane Richardson.