eighteen

Sitting at the grille, Brittany didn't say much as the others talked about Spencer being framed. She knew better than that. Yes, Spencer couldn't stand Alison, but there were some who wanted revenge. She tilted her head to the side as they brought up Caleb. "There is someone watching us."

"I see it too." Spencer says.

The other liars looked to see the decorations. "It's for the founders festival." Aria says.

"Yeah. That's just creepy." Brittany says as she looked at them. "He said a key. What type of key and why would it have anything to do with electronics?"

"He doesn't know what key, but he claims he called it off."

"Maybe he did." Brittany says. "Hanna, I hate that you are hurting, but mistakes happen for a reason. We just need to think of what key Jenna is wanting and why she is so desperate to get it."

Hanna smiled as the girls stood up to leave. Brittany looked and saw the setups, but felt as if they were being watched. "Brittany, Spencer, come on."
~~~
The next day, Brittany sighed as she called Jason. "Hey."

"Hey."

"What's wrong?"

"Spencer is now the person of interest and we know better." She tells him as she sighed. "Then there was this feeling I got that someone was watching us. I could have sworn that I saw the person, but the others, minus Spencer, didn't see it."

"Are you going to the festival?"

"I'm going to help Emily for right now. To see what Caleb was hired to look for."

Jason sighed as he looked at his blonde girlfriend. "Brittany, what ever you do, promise me that you will be safe. I don't want anything happening to you."

Brittany smiled. "I will be safe." She tells him. "I'll talk to you later, I need to go see Spencer."

"Bye, baby."

"Bye."
~~~
Later that day, Brittany was coaxed into helping the Hastings. "Explain to me why I have to help?" She asked as she looked at Spencer.

"Because I have to cut ties with Toby till all this is cleared."

Brittany looked at her friend and sighed. "Are you really going to listen to your parents?" She asked. "Spencer, I don't think I could listen to anyone if that was Jason. If you truly love Toby, don't listen to them. Be with him like he is with you. I know he hates what is happening, but he knows what you are going through and none of us doesn't believe that you killed Alison."

"Thanks."

"Even though you and Hanna did me dirty." She says.

"Brittany, I'm so sorry. I didn't know he was there for you. I just thought he was behind it all, but he's not." Spencer says. "One day you will forgive me, right?"

"One day." She says. "Now let's get back to this so I can help Emily with the key."

Spencer nodded as the two friends went back to work.
~~~
Later that day, Brittany didn't get the chance to go see Emily, but was told to meet up at the storage locker. "What did you find?"

"The key." Emily says as the other two appeared. "This is what Jenna is looking for."

"Where was it?"

"I had it." Emily confesses. "And I never knew till I searched the snow globe."

"Let's go see what is in that storage."

The four liars walked to the locker and stopped. Hanna took the key as she was still upset over the Caleb lying and using her thing. Brittany watched as the door on the locker open just to see one thing. "A lunch box?" She asked confused.

"It's Ali's first lunch box." Aria says.

"Let's see what's inside." Hanna suggested.

Brittany watched as she opened it to reveal a flash drive. The blonde wonder why a flash drive unless Ali had answers that could help them find out who killed Alison.
~~~
At Emily's, the liars sat together watching a video of them. The lie about Toby and the fact someone else was watching. Brittany didn't like this one bit. She looked at herself on the video and wished she knew who was watching them and if that is the person who killed Ali.