11.

Memories ~ Heal from Rogue

Crimson craazed eyes gleamed in the dark cell, his legs chained with silver imbued with titanium soaked in wolfsbane, his arms dangled up above in the same chains that sizzled at the touch of his skin. "Let me go, let me go!" His growls and pleas went unheard as the slight click of boots on the concrete floor came to a halt at his cell. "Not until you control your beast Renallo!" The alpha replied as he looked at his son in pity, even his words had no impact on the young alphas condition. "I can't ah!" Renallo yelled back as his skin burned and the scent wafted into the air. "Son, you've killed wolves and humans in your state, the elders are calling for your head, but I cannot lose you, so please Renallo, come back to your senses." Alpha hunt whispered as the savage in his son got out and growled loudly, skin turned to fur and bones slowly broke but the shift didn't complete, not because of the chains but because Renallo was fighting, so that he could redeem himself someday, if ever given the chance.

"Father." A weak whisper broke from his bloodied lips. "Son, tell me, what caused it?" Alpha hunt mumbled his question as he looked at the broken form of his son. "I had him killed father, I destroyed my other half and expected no punishment or consequences, the blood of the Drakes is on my hands, and it seems I can't escape my fate." The young alpha finally confessed what his own father had once thought but denied in his own mind over and over again. "I will not punish you, I cannot, I can only help you heal from here, and you will find your own way, with Carson and as alpha." The older alpha Hunt exclaimed as he opened the cell door and unlocked the chains that held his son, as Renallo fell into his father's arms he knew he had to be better, not only for him but the pack if he didn't change, he would doom them all.

~|~|~

Renallo Hunt.

The official opening dinner was supposed to go well, it had to because a lot was riding on it, with the confirmation that the Dantes were here I had to be on high alert. Edwards my beta makes his way to stand just behind me as we welcome guests, my father knowing that I hated crowds had taken the role of host along with my mother. "Why won't it stick." Jonathan groaned as he fumbled with his tie, all day he had been fussing over one thing or another, easily irritated and temperamental, he was restless and I knew it might be because his mate was close, he had waited till now for that mate, I hoped he found them.

This was also the other reason for hosting the festival for different packs, there was always a chance a wolf or two found their mates. "Hold still." I order him as I fix his tie for him, once it was in place his eyes changed to that of his wolf, an electric blue. "Do you smell that?" He asked but before I could answer a scent I knew all too well hits me. "Alpha Dante —" My father's words are lost to the crowd as vanilla, apples and cinnamon hit my nose like a mack truck, it couldn't be. I look around for its source as he comes in sight, it couldn't be, it just can't, my emotional turmoil is cut off when Jonathan moves forward but hesitates. "Mate." His voice was almost animalistic, his wolf.

"What?" I demand as Jonathan moves toward the person I was sure was related to Saint, the mate I had killed. "He's my mate." Jonathan replies but dives into the crowd to get to his mate, I follow him toward my father and who I presumed was alpha Dante. "Thank you alpha Hunt." His voice, it made me weak, it brought back feelings I never thought I had, his hair, his scent, his skin, and those eyes, they could mesmerize anyone. "Jon—" I'm cut off by a growl that has both me and Jonathan moving back, it was the alpha shielding both men we were trying to get close to. "I wouldn't if I were you." His voice alone sent chills down my spine but I was an alpha too I could stand my ground though fighting with one of richest wolves would definitely be bad for not only me but the pack. "He's my mate!" Jonathan argues just as a very sharp warning growl came from the alpha protecting his family.

"My love its okay, they won't do anything." That voice again, it was soothing, it calmed the predatory alpha and washed over me along with the tense crowd who had moved away from us. "Is there a problem Sir Dante?" My father asks just as he appears from the crowd. "None at all, everyone please, enjoy." He called out as everyone visibly relaxed, his beauty was something I never knew could exist, he was magnificent. "Please he's my mate, I—" My brother's plea is cut off by police sirens, we all turn our attention to the pack house doors where uniformed policemen walk in looking for me. "Are you Mister Renallo Hunt?" They ask once they've pulled me to a place without a crowd hovering around us. "Yes, what is it, is there a problem?" I ask confused by what was happening, it was all too much, a man who resembled my dead mate in every way was here, my brother was pleading for his mate and there was an alpha keeping both away from us who seemed intent on ripping out our throats if we came closer.

"Not with you, no, but your colleague, Jacob Banset, we have a warrant for his arrest." The officer explains making me freeze, why would they arrest him, had our truth been found out, why now. "On what charges?!" Edwards demands as he stalks toward us. "Let me go, let me go!" Jacob yells as they have him in chains, he's too strong for the human officers so my father orders the wolves to hold him down and inject wolfsbane into his system, it wasn't enough to kill him but it will weaken him to the the state of a human, this was precaution to make sure that our secrets stay secret. "Fraud, murder in the second degree, trafficking." The officer finally explains as he moves away from us, I couldn't wrap my head around it, Jacob wasn't the person to get involved in trafficking, why would he, more questions began to churn in my mind, how long had he been doing all this, why, and how the hell was he suddenly caught now.

The officers talk to my father for a few minutes just as they reverse their vehicles and drive back into the city, another two cars follow behind them, I knew that was the pack warrior going to assess the proceedings and have the matter resolved in a manner that made sure Jacob would never be known that he was a wolf. "Everyone please calm down, its just a hiccup in the festivities, for those who wish to stay please come inside enjoy the meal, to others who wish to leave please tomorrow is a new day, the fun starts early." My mother announces persuasively and almost all the wolves walk back into the pack house, I still couldn't think straight so I decided to stay outside.

"This isn't just coincidence." Edwards accuses as my father walks toward us with anger etched onto his face. "I don't know what that was but I'm sure as hell that boy had it coming, I won't have you pointing fingers at any of our guests, we need this festival to go smoothly because I don't want this pack to be a disgrace, don't interfere with the police, or any proceedings, do you understand?" My father all but growls his words in our faces and we both nod, going against his word now was dangerous.

"What do we do?" Edwards asks but I had no idea. "Keep our heads down and listen to the alpha, for now." I answer as we walk into the pack house only to find my brother still having trouble getting to his mate, oh boy.

+++

LMJ