14.

That five minute talk.

The ride began moving, clogs and wheels churning at a slow pace making Emory clap his chubby hands in Deniz's arms, the baby he was holding felt so precious in his arms, just like how Saint was precious in his life, his words were always kind and always so wise. "You like it huh." Deniz mumbled as he added more excitement to the baby he was holding. "You do know you have four minutes and a few seconds left right." Deniz reminded making the man beside him groan. "I'm sorry, its—I've waited for you for so long, I just can't believe you're here, I've always had words to say when I would meet you but I'm speechless, you're beautiful. " The man mumbled making a lovely shade of pink rush onto Deniz's cheeks.

"Thank you, you're not too bad yourself." Deniz replied and not in common courtesy either, the man was beautiful and tall just how he liked, he looked strong, if he was going to survive his family, he had to be strong. "I'm Deniz, you already know my surname, this little guy is Emory Drake Dante." Deniz introduced taking initiative in the conversation. "I'm Jonathan, you already know my surname, I just wish I could know you without that part of me creating a bad enough image of me already." Jonathan offered making Deniz realize that despite being a Hunt, Jonathan wasn't proud of it. "I'm sorry." The young alpha blood offered and Jonathan nodded. "Its alright, but let's forget about our families, we have two minutes and I'm sure Saint is counting, what do you like, would you see me again, can I hold your hand to make sure this isn't a dream." Jonathan was almost begging and Deniz held Emory firmly with one hand and offered the other to Jonathan who felt the sizzle and sparks the moment they touched, and in the mix of emotions tears welled up in his eyes. "I've waited for you, I can't ever lose you, I will do whatever your family wants aslong as I can have you in my arms at the end of the day." Jonathan promised pouring his heart out, Deniz let go of his hand and wiped away his tears. "If you truly mean it, I appreciate actions more than words, I do believe you but I want your actions to speak louder, and you can bet your beautiful body that with my family it won't be easy." Deniz assured making Jonathan laugh loudly, his mate was both funny and cool.

"I know and I will make sure I win then over." Jonathan reassured as Emory began fussing around, his head of curls bouncing up and down, the ride had gotten boring. "He likes being centre of attention doesn't he." Jonathan teased as he held out his hand for Emory, the little dude only held out a hand too, grabbing Jonathan's fingers then began blabbering on. "Dada!" Emory yelled when they turned back to face Saint near the ride entrance. The two made their way over, hands held together, neither could let go, their wolves and them wanted this.

~|~|~

Saint Drake Dante.

I stood there, expectantly just as the kids got on the ride and it slowly moved away, he was closer, close enough but not close to be a danger. "You smell like him." Renallo whispered as I turned to fully face him. "Good morning alpha Hunt, its a beautiful day isn't it, nice time to soak up the sun." I called out and he laughed nervously. "Yes it is, I'm sorry for my brother's behaviour last night, and my own, we shouldn't have acted that way, its just that he's waited for him for a long while." Renallo explained trying to garner some sort of reaction from me, I did react, just not how he expected. "Even those who wait a lifetime and finally get a   mate if they are not who they wanted, they can easily be rejected or gotten rid of." I replied with a smile as Kyro the third was hopping around with his apple in hand. "You're wrong, Johnny wouldn't do that, and any man or woman who would reject their mate is stupid, they are precious beings, how can one live without one." Renallo replied making an internal snicker appear within me, he was such a hypocrite.

"Don't be so sure alpha Hunt, you never truly know a person until they do the unbelievable." I asserted making his heart race and his body rigid, I knew I was hitting several pressed down feelings, I was enjoying it. "I guess that is true, but I speak for my brother, he's never wanted to be a Hunt, he's spent his entire life learning and looking for his mate, he barely came back to the pack of his own reasons and somehow it freed him, I do know him well enough to assure you that he would never betray or hurt your brother." Renallo stated with almost a burning envy that my wolf could feel, he was regretting what he did, but I was grateful he did it, there was a difference now, I was happily mated, with kids and my life was beyond ridiculously perfect, he was ridden with guilt, I really didn't care for it. "He's your brother, you're supposed to defend him, I will however let the patriarch decide." I announced as I whipped my hair back and almost a whine escaped Renallo's lips, how truly pitiful. "I never caught your name?" Renallo asserted and I looked at him questionably, why would he want to know that, he already knew but he was asking to make sure his suspicions were correct. "I'm—." I paused as a man came over to where we were standing. "My love, I was looking all over for you." The man called out as I smiled at Renallo and turned to face Kyro who now was tapping away at his tablet, the fun times continued, Kyro was always clingy and somehow he never wandered away to explore like normal children when given the option, he stuck close to me, maybe the one in my belly would be different who knows.

"Anybody smell that?" I question picking up the strong smell of blood, the man who had called Renallo over stopped aswell and looked up just as screams began to echo all around us, those who noticed knew why they were screaming, but this was an amusement park with rides, everyone was screaming so nobody noticed but the wolves did. "No, no, no!" Renallo yelled as I placed Kyro in the stroller and walked toward Deniz's ride, we had to get away immediately. Luckily the ride was making its stop to let them off. "Dad!" Emory yelled when he saw me, they had definitely been on that ride for more than five minutes, I was preoccupied with Renallo to notice.

"We need to go." I assert just as Emory held out his hands for me. "Why are we leaving so early?" Deniz questioned as now the whole carnival attendance crowd finally noticed. "Is that, a body?" Deniz asked looking up at a stall where a body hung, how it got there, no one knew and I definitely didn't want to know either. "Yeah, wait thats—" Jonathan spoke but stopped when Deniz placed a kiss on his cheek. "You're expected at dinner tonight, my father wants to meet you, text me and I will send you the details." Deniz asserted which was why Jonathan froze, he nodded like a love struck puppy just as I noticed who exactly was hanging, Jacob Banset was dead, and then there were four. "Yes, travel safe, bye little dude." Jonathan waved at us as we left, it wasn't really goodbye, we had dinner with him tonight, and I had a feeling looking at Deniz's smile that he was about to be in our lives for a very long time, I looked back again one last time, I wasn't dreaming, he was dead.

+++

LMJ