🌹CHAPTER 12🌹

Sorry for the hiatus

LYLYANNE
"You have to go?", I asked Peter. "We're done anyways so it's cool."

"Nahh," he waved an arm," I just asked a friend to come over. He sounded real desperate. Is that okay with you?"

"Yep,s'okay." The tiny bell on the door tinkled as it opened. My smile slowly dropped, I'll know that red hair anywhere. "You!"

"Hello to you too,lovely Lyly. Oh look,I rhymed." He gave a slow, marrow melting grin. I would have smacked him if his smile wasn't so pretty.

"She your study date?" He turned to Peter.

"Mmhm" Peter picked up his phone,scrolling through," What's with your voice on the phone. You wanna cry or something? Don't do that with me ,bro."

" Yeah,yeah. I thought you were going to the date's house." West asked Peter.

I feel so forgotten.

"We were supposed to go to my place but we had practice so she went home. I went to her place but we left because of her screaming banshee cousins and came here because it was still opened. Ta-da." He said all that in one breath. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Cousins dearest were screaming because I found out that apparently Stephanie had a crush on Peter and he was in the house, I totally get why she freaked out....freak,...freaked,.... froke??.... Anyways, I would have done what she did if I was in the same situation. Peace sign.

"I'm starving." West got up to order," What do you guys want."

He glared at me,I glared right back,"I don't like you but I want icecream in cone with chocolate chip cookies." I ignored his cry of outrage," Oh,keep quiet. You can probably afford it. Thank you very much."

He started to leave.

" Hey! What about me? You asked the lady and forgot about the gentleman right beside her? I'm unfriending you." He pouted mock angry. Omg,Peter's so cute.

West smiled cheekily," I thought you'd already left." The smile wasn't mine but * swoon*.

"Coke and fries. Do. not. forget. the. chicken." West left to place the order.

"Hey,Pete. I can call you Pete,right?" I leaned closer.

"Sure,what's up?"

"Do you have a girlfriend. Are you with someone?"

He flushed,"Where's this coming from?" He. Is. Adorable. Periodt.

"I may or may not have heard that someone has a crush on you. And we're pretty close. The person and I, I mean."

"If you're asking,the spot's free. Wanna fill it up?" His eyes twinkled in mischief.

"Wait- wait...what? I didn't mean it like that. Not me. My friend person."

"Which hypothetically speaking, is you...." He gestured to me, eyes crinkling. He rested an elbow on the table and leaned close.

Flustered, " No- not me. My friend. Just tryna help a girl out." How did I get myself into this again? Damn being nice.

"Help who do what?" West asked settling into his seat and passing the food.

Peter winked," She asked if I had a girlfriend and I'm thinking of nominating her for the position." He placed a fry in his mouth.

"For a guy who has a thing for only cheerleaders, looks like you're switching up." I winced. That hurt more than it was allowed to.

" Hey. Not cool. You can't say that. I mean LylyAnne is hotter than any cheerleader any day and I'm not saying that because she's here." Peter frowned at him.

He hurriedly finished his food. With his mouth full," I've got to scram. My mom wants me to go grocery shopping for her. Text you later,Lyl."

" Okay." I waved till he disappeared round the corner because he's my friend but mainly to avoid confronting the person in front of me. I slowly dropped my arm.

A seriously awkward silence fell after Peter left. "So-" "I'll -", We both said. Another awkward moment. "I'm sorry for earlier, it was uncalled for.", West said softly.

"Oh- oh, no worries at all. It really has nothing to do with me. He just sprouted all that out of the blue. I really had no idea and I've never thought of him like that before. Hell, why am I even speaking to you?"

The corner of his mouth curled, "No idea, maybe you wanted to speak to me all along." He shrugged. This obnoxious-

"Could you be so kind so as to drop me home, please. " I batted my eyelashes though every word uttered was dripping with barely concealed venom.

I stood up to leave but he grabbed my arm. Tingles spread from impact and West hurriedly dropped his hand, clearing his throat, " Look I know we didn't start off on the right foot but I genuinely want to get to know you. Besides who would pass up the opportunity to be with me. I might grant you an autograph, if you ask reeaall nice."

I rolled my eyes. Cocky? He sure is. But a part of me wanted to stay so I did. "Now, what? "

"Twenty questions." Really ,but he looked so excited so I agreed. "Okay. "

"What's your whole name? "

"Easy enough. LylyAnne Maria Campbell. " I replied.

"Hispanic? "

"Just a little bit. My dad's side ,I think. He died."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. "

I shrugged it off, "It's okay I didn't even really know him." The atmosphere had gotten a bit somber. I yawned. "Tomorrow happens to be a school day. I've kinda got to go. " I started to pack my books, "Could you drop me home, please? "

"Yeah, sure, definitely." He stumbled up as I trashed our rubbish and we left Dior's. The ride home was one of comfortable silence,no one tried to start of force a conversation. West parked right in front of our driveway.

"Thanks. For today. " I said.

"No worries, I was glad to and I'm sorry about earlier. J didn't mean to. "

"Look at you all flustered. I might just take a picture and sell it to obsesesive fans."

"Don't you dare. "His voice floated to me as he drove away. I skipped to the front door and slipped inside. Hol'up, it's been long since I skipped. I shrugged and sauntered towards the fridge. Anyways......