🌹CHAP 20🌹

LylyAnne
Sitting in the house bored is on another whole level of exhausting. Ugh. I've tried everything to no avail. I then decide to call Mintrude," Heyy, favorite person checking innn."

"It feels like i haven't spoken to you in like forever." She laughs.

" I saw you like two days ago."

"Exactly two days is like way too long for me."

"Then I'm inviting myself over," I reply,half seriously.

" It's a mess out here though. I'm babysitting Irina today." Erimintrude replies tiredly. I hear Irina wailing in the background.

" Figured,but I can help?"

" 'kay,drag yourself over then."

" Be there in 10."

Irina is Erimintrude's toddler sibling who is like super adorable but it's best to avoid her when she starts throwing her tantrums. I dress in my favorite sweatpants and a comfy tank top and hold my hair into a messy bun. It looks like today's a good hair day

I step outside and Yelp. Sheesh, walking in this sand is definitely going to melt my skin out my bones,which in my opinion is pretty gross. So I step back in to look for my Nike cap and let down my hair. The black is going to absorb the heat,but we'll,it might help a little.

I get to Mintrude's place in 8 minutes and knock once and go in." I'm here. Geez, it's pretty bad."

There was flour on the floor, couches and the table. There was flour on the TV,how did that even happen? The kitchen island is best left alone. Erimintrude came in distressed, carrying a sleeping Irina.

" Shushh, I definitely do not want to go through this again." She whispered, gesturing to Irina. " I have to clean this mess."

"I'm helping,then."

After almost an hour of cleaning,i wash the cleaning mop and dry it outside in the sun. Erimintrude comes in and hands me a lemonade,"Here. It's the only thing she'll drink so I have loads of it."

"Thanks. What do we do now?" I ask.

Mintrude moves down the hallway towards the game room." Movies."

"Nope. Boring."

" What then?"

" Cartoons."

"Childish."

"There's no law against that." I retort.
She put Moana on.

"How are you lately," Erimintrude asks halfway through the movie. I stare at her, wondering where that was coming from.

" I'm okay,why?"

"You always seem super excited lately," She grins " It's West , isn't it?"

" What do you mean i seem happy lately, I'm always happy and what the hall does West have to do with anything,huh?"

"Nevermind about that. Nah, I mean this is the first genuine happiness I've seen, that's all."

I turn dramatically, facing her," When did you get so sappy? Who did this to you? Anyways, I'm glad we're friends."

Erimintrude grins," I have something to say." She clears her throat," You know Peter,right- scratch that,you do know him. I think I kinda like him."

" Noooo."

"Yessss." She yells, laughing.

" When did this happen? Did you tell him?" I ask.

" Of course not,you klutz." She flushes.

" Ohh, it's serious. How did it happen then?"

" It's kinda cliche though. I was late for class,as always,and I was in a hurry, running down the corner and took a sharp turnand crashed into him." She squealed" He helped me pick up my books that were all over and then he smiled at me. Can you believe it. His smile was so bright and beautiful that i still feel blinded."

"Slow downnn,girl, breathe."

Erimintrude grinned," I know,i know. Guess what ,he asked for my number!!"

" He did not." I said, exaggerating my disbelief for her sake.

" Yes,he did!"She shouts," We've been texting since and he's like soo nice." She has this dreamy expression that was pretty clear to all that that girl was clearly in love. Must be nice for her.

I just remembered that West hadn't texted me this morning. He always does. I decide to text him,

Me: Hey. Hello. Anybody home?"

After fooling around with Mintrude for the rest of the day, I walk back home. I checked my phone to see if West had texted back.

My stomach probably dropped because I was starving. Anyways...

Another update again, people 💖
I realized that this book was being paused way to much than necessary so I just want to hurry it up. Anyways,how are you doing nowadays?

See you at the next update 🌹😚