🌹CHAPTER 13🌹

I don't know but this hurts more because I considered her one of my best friends. I liked her; she was one of the people who were genuinely friendly to me since I started this school. Castella.
I trudged to my bed and replayed today's events...

"Hey. Where're you off to in such a hurry? , Mintrude greeted.

"Have you no idea?? I'm so excited! Today is the result daaay, girl. Look alive." I grabbed her hand and spinned around.
"Do you think I'll win? Wait- was my drawing good enough? Oh God, I'm gonna puke. I shoulda added a bit more. Or should I have reduced it?"

"Lyly", I rambled on and on, not hearing Erimintrude's call.

"Lyly."

We had almost neared the notice board. "Lyly!" Mintrude shouted.

"Huh, what? I'm just here, no need to scream."

"I know you're excited but don't go all ballistic 'kay. Just know I've got you, mmhm?"

I chuckled, "Chill. I'm not gonna throw a tantrum just cause I didn't win. That's super childish. But I get it. Thanks."

I was amused but not for long.

"Person coming through," I waded through the throngs of people, trying to get to the notice board for a clear view.
"Wow, first place's dress is super pretty." One girl said.

"I know right," her friend replied" the red is so vibrant. It would look so pretty for prom. OMG."

I finally got to the board. Sheesh, I bet I lost 10 pounds just going through the crowd.
Okay, Lyl. Let's start from the bottom. My eyes scanned the list, looking for my name. The 10th was a pretty dress but far too simple for me. Moving on. 9th, 8th, 7th and stopped at the sixth. My name was glaring at me. Oh, my poor baby. You've been humiliated by these people. Let's leave, they do not deserve you. Enough dramatics, let's check out the first place illustration.

Time seemed to slow down or (maybe it's just my dramatic ass )and everything blurred except what my eyes seemed to be fixated on.
Castella Vinci. First place.

And underneath was the illustration I spent loads of time searching for. The one I used my nights for because mintrude was desperate to see and I wanted to show her. The one I dominantly used red for because mom looked red. It was right under Castella's name and I couldn't fully comprehend what was going on.

"That's mine, right? How did it get here." I turned to ask Erimintrude. To say I was baffled would be an understatement. She didn't look surprised," I tried to tell you on the way here. You didn't even hear me calling. I say it this morning when I came in and I wondered if you gave it to her. But apparently not, you were searching for it. "

"I searched everywhere for this thing." I turned to leave but was blocked by the crowd. Angry tears welled up in my eyes. I blindly fought my way out amidst shoves and elbows.

'LylyAnne!" Mintrude called but she was too far. I needed fresh air, desperately. I run down the stairs for an exit. "Hey, Lylyanne, where to? What's going on?!" I pushed past West and Peter and left them floundering on the floor."

"Hey!" I ran out of the building and unfortunately for Castella she was right in my line of sight. How easy could this be?

"You're so dead." I lept on her and we both went down in the midst of the boys she was flirting with. Surprise looks very stupid on them by the way. I grabbed her hair and some highlights came out but that didn't stop me from bitchslapping her on both sides of her stupid face. She rolled over, grabbing my hair and tried to scratch my face with her talons but she missed and got my neck and it hurt like a bitch. I twisted my hair out of her grasp and elbowed her in the face earning a satisfying crunch. Good. I went to uproot the rest of her hair when someone secured my arms, trying to stop me. I was on a goddamned roll. I stomped on his foot and Peter howled. I turned to Castella and was about to launch myself at her when someone stepped in front of me.
West.
"Move."
I ground my teeth, waiting for him to move. "No." "Move, West." "No." "Hey! Asshole, dammit ,move!" Those stupid tears were falling as though someone had paid them to fall at the worst time and in front of west Hamilton no less.

I'm so tired. I stumbled up to him, fisted and repeatedly hit him on his chest," Just move, west. Please. You know, I trusted her. I thought we were friends so I trusted her. Know what she did?" my punches were slowing losing their momentum till I slumped against him. "Don't trust people, okay?" "I'm sorry you're hurting, Lyl." He whispered in my ear.

I was too tired to even respond. "I'll take her to the sick bay", he murmured to Peter who was still nursing his throbbing foot.

"Oh my God, Lyly. Are you okay? I was searching all over for you and you were here picking a fight? "Erimintrude said as she ran towards us.

I nodded and gave a half smile,"Yeah, I'm good." Then I passed out.

THIRD PERSON POV

Lylyanne slowly sat up on the bed and whisper yelled, "Who the hell invented bright lights."

West chuckled and rose from his position in the corner, "Dunno, but I'm sure they're not in your presence else I bet they be bloody and bruised."

She scowled, "You got that right."

West smiled, "How are you feeling?" She nodded. After a moment of silence, Lyly Anne asked, "what are you doing here, by the way?"

"You passed out, remember?"

"I don't think I can beat someone up, get beaten, feel sore all over and not remember." she sassed.

West rolled his eyes, "I get it."

The nurse walked in," Miss Campbell. How are you doing?"

"Fine," she rolled her neck and groaned, "I think."

The nurse smiled, "Nice to see you awake. You've been out for two hours and this nice boy of yours waited for you without moving once." She winked at Lyly causing her to flush in embarrassment. "You can go but still take care. I cleaned your scratches but they can still easily bleed. No more fights, young lady."

"Thank you."

"Thanks for today, "Lylyanne said as they walked down the corridor.

"You know, you're cute when you're mad", West said out of the blue."

What? "He spun her around and bopped her nose, "You. Are. Cute. When. You're. Mad."
Lylyanne glared at him but still flushed tomato red, "How is that even possible?" she turned and scrambled away.

"Lyly Anne Maria Campbell", could you by any chance explain why I have to be in your school?" Aunt Emerald whirled into the hallway with the promise of trouble autographed on her face. "I come from a very tiring conference to be told that my darling niece is in a sick bay because apparently she got in a fight in school. So I rush down here but what do I find? I find her canoodling with a boy! A pretty one no less."

She was dressed in a black tight fit dress with spaghetti straps and black combat boots. I grinned and flashed a thumbs up. Erimintrude came rushing up the stairs. Girl was frantic. "Lyly, Lyly! Where is she?" she demanded.

I waved, "right here." She enveloped me in a hug, "thank goodness you're alright. I got detention for being late to class. I came as soon as I was released."

I pat her on the back, "I'm fine." She turned to west, "Oh west, I thought you'd be home by now.

"Nah, I stayed with her. "He pointed at me, who gave him a glare in return and was rewarded with the quirk of his lips.

"Thank you for staying with her." Mintrude looked about ready to start the water works.
Aunt Eme pointed at me, "You miss are suspended. Principal's order. For two weeks."

"No. You're kidding right?"

"Did you think you were gonna get out unscalded? In your dreams." She crackled as I sank to the ground.