🌹Chapter 26 🌹

During lunch, I tell Mintrude all that happened. " I mean I knew West wouldn't go to Merida on his own accord. He's better than that but I can't say the same for Merida. I still want to bitch slap her though."

I grin, I've been feeling a lot better West spoke to me and I can finally get rid of that insomnia.

" So you don't need a ride from me?" Asks Merida.

"Nope,I'm good."

" Don't become a stranger because of....." Mintrude sing-songs.

" I should be telling you that."

" Hi,babe." Peter makes a beeline for our table. Erimintrude immediately turns towards me pretending to be engrossed in a deep discussion, " So when did you say you were meeting West again?"

" Erimintrude,you've asked the same question three times now." Peter gets closer and I see that he is clutching a flower behind him. He's annoyingly sweet.

He presents it to Mintrude quite gallantly.( if I say so)

" The flower is not going to change the fact that you flirted with Annalise right in front of me."

" No I didn't. She just wanted to k own where Mr Parker had gone." Poor Peter, unknowingly riling her up. " With you by my side, my virtue is saved,mmhm?" He leans in for the kill.

My poor whipped friend also leans in. Sorry. "Ehem", I clear my throat," let's, keep this PG rated okay?"

My phone pinged. Lunch over.

" While you guys are surely more entertaining, I've got to get to class if I plan on passing this year. See y'all later."

I clear the table and head to class.

__________________________________________

I slip into class just as Mr Wang begins the Art class. He gives me a pointed glare. Yes sir, I know the next lateness is detention. I return his glare with a grin.

" Today, we'll be painting," He informs the class," there are sheets next to you with your inspiration. Let yours be as similar as possible and personal touches are allowed. Start."

I find a seat next to this cool kid I know from English class.

" Hey."

"Hi".

I pick mine up. It's a waterfall, it's an isolated location. With the tall woods framing it,the blooming flowers and sun,it looks ethereal. A nice enough place to go on a date. The two of us. West and I. * Deep sighing* A girl can dream.

Two hours later.....

" Since you cannot finish your paintings today. We'll continue next class. I expect to see personal touches, people. Creativity. Bye."

" Bye, Mr Wang," We reply, laughing.

I hurriedly clean up and move to the next class, Physics. 2 more hours to go.

________________

I drag my feet to my locker. Ugh,most tiring class ever even though I like the teacher.

" You sure you still don't need a ride?" Erimintrude asks.

" Yeah, I'll be with West,maybe." I reply.
Speaking of West, where is he?

" Peter has practice so I'll wait for him. Text me when you get home,okay?" Mintrude says as she leaves. I also don't want to text West just in case I sound clingy or something. Ugh, this is so frustrating.

After 10 minutes, I see him jogging towards the carpark. " Sorry, Coach decided to have an impromptu practice but I came up with an excuse. So, here I am. Did you wait long?" He asks.

I honestly thought he forgot but anyways that explains it.

The players and cheerleading squad soon exited the gym.

" I guess they're done."

"Yep,so what do you say, should we take our leave, milady?" West asks offering his arm.

I accept it," Yes,good sir but first you would have to change." I say, gesturing to his jersey. Thank God he's not barechested,might have been distracting. Disaster successfully avoided.

" Hey,West." I tense when I hear the sleek, French accent. I totally forgot Merida was a part of the cheerleaders. Voted second after Stephanie,she was the second in command. Must be hell in their quarters.

He ignores her and enters the locker room leaving her with me. She turns sneering," I see you refuse to stop stalking him,loser."

" Who might that be?"

" Pray tell me you're not dimwitted. West,of course." She replies.

" Umm, I don't think I'm the stalker here." I say.

" I don't care what you say but West was mine first and I'll be damned if I let you have him because I want him back." She yells.

" Once yours?" I ask,my interest tweaked.

" We dated for a long, long time and he loves me. I don't know why he's doing this." She answers.

My head throbs from this piece of information. She see my expression and smirks," Oh, didn't lover boy tell you? We dated and first love always, always stays with you."

I hate how high and mighty she's being. I smile, confusing her," Oh, he told me all about you but from his point of view I don't think he loved you that much." I stare at my nails. " West gave me this," I show her the half of the necklaces we bought together "He has the other one. You can check if you want to. We're in a relationship, she should have bothered to ask before throwing yourself at him.

It's quite scary how mad she looks. " Stop tell lies. They're all lies." She shrieks.

" It's the truth." West replies.