🌹 Chapter 28🌹

He smiled nervously," What do you want to know." I know I wanted answers but he looks so uneasy.

" How about we start with something you're comfortable with." I say.

" Then let's start with Merida." He replies. " I met her, roughly three years ago. We met on set for a new cosmetic product that was debuting. I've forgotten the name."

" Being young,i believed she was perfect for me. She was pretty and that was enough to sway me then. I asked her out once and she agreed. We dated for two years and I believed i was in love with her. How stupid." He narrated with such self loathing but I couldn't comfort him in case he thinks I'm pitying him.

He spoke of how her behavior started changing to how she cheated with his best friend and finally broke up with him. He acted as though he was no longer affected but how his hands trembled and his voice shook gave him away.

Imagining a young West who had to go through betrayal broke my heart.

" It still doesn't make sense." He says " No matter how many times I think about it, it still doesn't make sense to me. I didn't try to harm his career. I even helped!  I pulled favors from people, but they just didn't want him. How the hell is that my fault. Even after he took my job, the product failed because they got a lot of backlash from their audience."

At this point, West was getting really upset. I could only hold his hand and try to comfort him.

He stopped and stared intently at me.
" What?" I ask, confused.

" Nothing. I'm just surprised that you're such a good listener." He speaks.

" Woah, did i just receive a compliment from you?"

" Don't get used to it. Come over, let's continue watching Luca."

Huh. To be honest, I thought we'll talk about us. I don't want to ask and seem pushy or desperate but if he'd reject me, I think I'll be okay, I guess.

Moments later." Lyl, what do you think of me?" during the movie he had kind of pulled me close and I was tucked under his arm," Trick question?" I ask.

" Nah." he laughs, " just your honest opinion."

" Oh, you were a total asshole." I reply not missing a beat, " but that was then." " Then what about now?" " Now, I like you better. I mean you're hilarious, a tiny bit cute, you're hot but that's just your appearance. for personality, 8 out of 10. because if I was you and Merida was acting up that much, I would have wacked off her face long time."  I mentally facepalmed but tried to play it off, that is way more than i had planned to say.

" Seems like someone is whipped. so many compliments."

" I would feel sorry for you if receiving compliments from someone means they're in love with you, buddy." Even though I am pretty close to falling for him. A comfortable silence fell, and tiredness took over, coaxing me to sleep. soon my eyes fluttered shut. West smoothed my hair and patted it gently, at this rate I'd be fast asleep.

He whispered so softly I almost didn't get it," I really like you too, Lyly Anne." 

My eyes snapped open." You better mean that, West." 

..............................................................

West has been comfortably avoiding me since that day at his place. I almost got him at the school car park but he literally dived into his car and drove away. If overreacting was a person. Sign.

" Seems like someone's getting avoided", Merida walked up to me. " He has realized how non beneficial his relationship to you is." Not her again.

" Hello to you too. I see you're still as delusional as ever. Please,get a life." I left for first period.

In the hallway, I met Sebastian. " Heya."
" Hey." He replied, moving in for a hug. I moved out of his path and he hugged the guy behind me, earning a smack. " Ouch,that was all on you,Lyly Anne." I shrugged, sorry not sorry.

" So how are things going with West?" He asked.

" Frankly, we're back to square one and why are you being nosy?"

He held his hands up," Sorry, I hope y'all figure your mess out." He stopped in front of his class." See ya."

"Wait, Seb, when you meet West, let him know I want to talk to him,okay?"

" Got ya. Bye."

With ten minutes remaining for me to get a tardy slip, I speed walked to class and popped next to Erimintrude.

Heya. Another chapter after forever. Hope you like it. 
P. S. Please like and comment.