Chapter 1- Free

*Author Note-Trigger Warning! This section contains content that some readers might find disturbing including physical/domestic abuse/non-consensual sexual content- read your own risk!*

~Aera~

SLAP!

"Get up, you bitch!"  HyunKi yelled, fisting his hand in my hair and pulling me to my feet. He looked down at the floor then back up to me, his eyes narrowed in anger. "Now look, you dripped fucking blood on my carpet. Are you happy now?"

"I'm sorry," I cried, tears rolling down my face. The saltiness of my tears stung the cut on my lip and I winced in pain.

"You'd better clean this up before your parents arrive. You shouldn't disgrace them with a messy house, Aera. You should've been raised better than that."

"I'll clean everything up, I'm sorry," I whimpered, my lip quivering.

HyunKi glared at me quietly for a moment, the silence terrifying. His mouth formed into a twisted smile and I felt fear shoot through me like a bullet, the smile that terrified me more than anything. I knew what was about to happen and it made my stomach roll.

"You're so sexy when you cry," he said, staring at me with twisted desire. He crushed his lips to mine and bit my bottom lip hard, making me cry out in pain. "You're even sexier when you scream."

"HyunKi, wait-"

"Are you saying no?" he said, "Because you  know what happens when you do."

"I'm not saying no," I said, even though every cell in my body wanted to run away and hide.

"Smart move," he said, unzipping his pants. He pushed me over to the kitchen counter, pushing me face down on the marble and lifting my dress up in the back. Tears poured from my eyes as I closed them tight and imagined I was somewhere else, anywhere else, than where I was right then as he hurt me again...

Please let this end somehow...even if I die at least it'll be over...please let it be over...

I woke up in bed with a jolt, my body covered in a cold sweat, my heart pounding out of my chest. I looked around my room and it took a minute to remember where I was and that I was safe. When I realized I was safe in my own bed, far away from that monster I was trapped with for years, I breathed a sigh of relief. I sat up and turned on my bedside lamp, taking a sip of water from the bottle I'd left the night before. Even though I knew that logically I was free from my abusive ex-fiance Seong HyunKi since he'd been taken into custody, I knew I still had a long way to go before I would truly feel at ease.

 Even though I knew that logically I was free from my abusive ex-fiance Seong HyunKi since he'd been taken into custody, I knew I still had a long way to go before I would truly feel at ease

I turned my head and looked at the clock: it was four in the morning. There was no way I was going to be able to fall back asleep now so I decided to stay up and make coffee. I stepped into my slippers before I shuffled my way from my room to the kitchen. I turned on the lights and quickly grabbed a coffee pod, put it in my coffee maker, and pressed the button once I put the mug under the spout. I sat at my kitchen island and as I waited for my coffee to brew, I smiled, looking around my kitchen. I never thought I'd ever have the chance to live on my own, to have something that was mine. I was living for myself for the first time in my life and despite all I went through to get to where I was, I was proud of myself for making it without giving up.