Chapter 14-Before

*Author Note-This chapter contains mature themes and sexual content. Read at your own risk.*

This is a dual POV chapter.

~Namjoon~

"Great job today, Dr. Kim,"  Tana, one of nurse practitioners that assisted me, complimented.

"Thank you," I replied as I washed my hands. "I appreciate it."

"Anytime," she said. "I'm grateful that you were able to come in but I thought you were on vacation."

I smiled and said, "Technically I still am. After this I won't be back until after the new year. At least that's the plan."

Tana smiled as she started washing her hands in the sink next to mine. "Well I hope you can stay out of here. So how was Christmas?"

I grinned even wider as I dried my hands and said, "Christmas was great. I spent it with my parents in Ilsan."

"Well that sounds nice. Do anything fun while you were there?"

"Yeah, I did actually. I got engaged."

Tana turned her head and smiled at me before saying, "What? You did?"

"Yes I did. I asked my girlfriend to marry me and she said yes," I said happily.

"That's Dr. Jeon's sister, right? The super pretty one that owns the catering business?"

"Yes, that's my girl," I answered proudly.

"This is so great, Namjoon, congratulations!" she exclaimed. "There's going to be a lot of broken hearts in this hospital amongst the nursing staff once the news gets out."

I chuckled and said, "Oh I don't know about that."

"Stop it, all of you Kim men are handsome. You drive the women crazy. Now that you and Jin are off the market I feel bad for poor Taehyung-ah," she laughed. "He's incredibly good looking to begin with but the fact that he is a pediatrician and adores children...he's going straight to the top of the hospital's most eligible bachelors list."

I laughed and said, "Well I wish them luck because he's a tough one to get close to."

"Yeah he seems to be a pretty private guy," she said with a smile. "However, if I wasn't married and was ten years younger I'd be trying to get his attention myself."

I chuckled at her as I dried my hands. "Well you'd have your work out for you, that's for sure." I took off my scrub cap and ran my hands through my hair. "I'm going to go chart on this patient and head home to my beautiful bride to be."

Tana grinned and nodded at me before saying, "Well thanks again for coming in and congratulations."

"Thank you Tana," I said and left to finish up with my charting. As soon as I was done I changed out of my surgical scrubs and headed home. Once I was home I pulled into the driveway I parked next to Aera's car before making my way inside. "Hey baby, I'm home," I called out.

"In the kitchen," Aera called out sweetly. I smiled to myself as I followed the sound of her voice, knowing I'd be hearing her greet me like this every day once we we finally moved in together. We hadn't had any discussions about her moving in with me since we arrived back in Seoul but I couldn't lie and say knowing she was inside my house waiting for me didn't fill me with anticipation.