Chapter 8- Homecoming

~Namjoon~

"Champagne as requested for you and your lovely wife," the flight attendant said as she held passed two flutes to me.

I took them and smiled at Aera, who had a slight blush on her cheeks, and replied, "Thank you, but she's not my wife. Not yet anyway."

"Oh my apologies," the attendant replied. "You both look so in love I thought perhaps you were on your honeymoon."

"No honeymoon but you're right about the love part," I said as I handed Aera her champagne flute. "How could I not be? Look at how beautiful she is."

"Namjoon," Aera said, smiling bashfully. "Stop it."

"She is very beautiful," the flight attendant answered with a smile. "Again, my apologies, enjoy your flight and if you need anything please let me know." I thanked her and Aera nudged me playfully once she left with the cart.

"I'm not your wife yet, huh?" she teased. "You told her we weren't married but made it sound like we're engaged."

"And?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow and smiling at her as I took a drink.

"Namjoon..." she said my name, her eyes widening as he smiled.

"Don't worry, I'm not proposing to you mid flight. It'll be more romantic than that, give me a little credit," I said and she giggled.

"So, that's something you've thought of? Proposing to me?" Aera asked.

I smiled at her and replied, "Of course I have. I love you so much and you're the only woman I'll ever want. Trust me baby, it's going to happen. You'll just never know when."

Aera smiled so brightly and gently but her tongue between her teeth before saying, "Well I'm sure when you do it'll be perfect. Oh and don't worry or be nervous about my answer because I can assure you it'll be yes." She leaned in and kissed my lips lightly and said, "I love you."

"Love you," I mumbled against her lips as we kissed one more time before finishing our champagne. After we were finished she snuggled into me and laid her head on my shoulder before clearing her throat. She only did that when something was on her mind. In that moment I wondered if she'd starting putting the pieces off this trip together...I hoped not. I didn't want her to be scared.

"So can I ask you something?" Aera said.

"Of course," I answered. "You can ask me anything."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy to be spending the holidays with you and I can't wait to see where you grew up. I just wonder..."

"What is it?"

"Is there a reason you wanted to do this other than just introducing me to your parents and showing me your hometown?" she asked. "Did something happened before we left today?"

"What makes you think that?" I asked her. Shit...

"Well, we left in such a rush and when I was packing you were hovering very close to me. You kept checking your phone and even though I know you said it was your mom texting you I've never known you to talk to her that much. Also that thing you said to Sara..."