III

"h-help m-e..." he said before he nearly collapsed in my arms.

"s-sorry" he said walking away.

dumbfounded, i was rooted from where i was standing. i found my mate and he just walked away from me. AND hes human. damn! what would my mom would say.

i walked towards my car going to my parents penthouse which was still above a few floors from my office. they say its a hassle to move since my dad will still be active as a board member.

damn what would my papa say when he knew my mate is a human. A FRIGGIN' HUMAN! they cant feel the pull of a mate like us werewolves. they cant even smell them. if i bring him home there and then, i might came out as a kidnapper. shit! i didnt even asked for his name! so stupid! but-

hes afraid, hes scared... i can feel his loneliness and pain. those bruises are no joke. i want to take care of him. i want to hug him. i want to console him. i want to avenge him. as much as i want to pull him back to my arms, i cant... yet. i need to confront papa about this.

from what uncle mild told us about what happened to daddys human flings, papa was ruthless. i mean demon possessed ruthless to them. i dont want to have a world war three inside my home when these two come face to face. i want to ask him about his stand on this and ultimately ease him into the idea of me having a human mate.

i was already in the elevator still contemplating on how i break into them about how i found my mate. when the door opened, i saw ethan in the kitchen along with the twins, uncle milds kids, raiding the fridge.

"hey, bro. wazzup?" ethan my younger brother greeted me.

"greetings alpha malik" the twins chorused. the eldest an omega and the younger, a beta. apparently uncle mild need an alpha son in law to continue their rule. luckily its not me.

"good. wheres papa?" i patted his shoulder. "hey! ease up with the ice cream! itll freeze your brain." i rubbed his head.

"dude! dont touch my hair!" he swatted my hand from his head. "hes in the living room with uncle mild. dads in their room washing up." he then resumed pulling out a pint of double dutch ice cream while i strolled inside kissing my papa on his cheek in greeting and hugging uncle mild in the process.

"hey baby, whats up? why're you here?"

"cant i visit my beautiful papa?" i hugged him sideways.

"hmmmmm.... what is it Lex? Tell me."

" i cant really hide anything from you, huh papa?" i chuckled. "well," here goes nothing. "i found my mate."

"eeeiiiiii!!!! really? where is she? or is it a he? whats his rank? from which pack?" he squealed.

"thats what i want to talk to you about. HE... is not from a pack." i rubbed my neck.

"a rogue? regardless hes your mate. where is he?"

"i... dont know. Hes a human papa."

"...a... what now?" gulf replied.

"a human. i bumped into him in the park this afternoon. hes not in a very good state. i want to bring him here but it may come out as a kidnapping and i dont want him to hate me and reject me there and then. and i want to know your stand on this. i know about the past pa... about what you did with dads flings?" i eyed uncle mild and apparently it also caught my papas notice. he deliberately smacked uncle milds head... playfully? but i heard a loud thud. "anywho, i just want to make peace with it just in case i introduce him to you."

"Lex... what happened before was your daddys doing and what i did was well... me being possessive of him... and im not sorry about it or regretted any of it. in your case, i dont have any qualms or issue about you having a human mate. a mate is a mate no matter what he is. bring him to us son. dont worry, were fine with it."