IV

gasp

muren got a closer look into lexs eyes and manage to see something he could not understand. one minute it was a very light blue eyes nearly white then there was a flicker of red. but when muren double taked to see it again, he was met with an incredible scent coming from the man before him.. nearly buckling his feet, he grasps the mans arm for support.

"easy there little one. are you okay?" alexander asked concerned. his mates face was pale. he embraced the man in his arms for support. he lead him to the sofa to sit him down.

"i-im okay. its just that. i havent eaten since yesterday. i was hoping to get hired here so i could spend my remaining money for breakfast without worrying for my next meals allowance. i-im sorry." he said head hung low in shame.

papa could you please have someone deliver food here at my office? my mate didnt have anything since yesterday.

no, problem son. keep him company. ill handle it.

thanks pa.

"no, dont be sorry." lex said clasping the others hand. "nothings your fault. can... can i hug you? sorry, this might be awkward for you but, it seems you need one." the other replied with a nod.

as alexander embraced him. he could not take away his concern for his mates well being. the guys too skinny for his build. hes skin and bones if not for his baggy suit jacket. the last time he saw him, his clothes was still the same. what in hell happened to his mate to be so battered like this? who did this to him? whoever that is, hell be coming for blood.

moments passed in the others embrace, muren found solace and security. Lex. what a nice name. apparently, its a shortcut for something. hes so nice and warm. muren might be small but he fits perfectly to this mans arms.

he doesnt want to let go.

he smells so nice...

pine and lavender...

so soothing...

swallowed by being too comfortable, murens eyes dropped close as exhaustion, hunger, sadness and worry ganged up on him.

alexander heared soft snores beneath him. his mate drifted off to sleep. as omegas called it, he dropped. omegas tend to drop whenever they were at their mates embrace. alphas called it their 'drunken state'. too comfortable and was at close proximity to their mates scent were the reason why they are like this. its not a bad thing though. at least now, alexander somehow knew that his scent affected his human mate causing him to drop like this.

15 minutes after, his papa entered his office carrying bundles of food which he assumed his papa personally cooked. his papa is the best when it comes to cooking. no matter how many michelin stars are there in a restaurant, his home cooked meal is still the best.

"how is he, son?" gulf said in a hush tone seeing his sons mate asleep on his arms.

"he dropped pa. my scents affecting him contrary to what we previously believed. or maybe hes just too exhausted from his ordeal. pa, look at him closely." alexander pointed out murens bruise covered face, his darkening collar bone, and the cut on his face.

"poor kid. let him be in your arms for a while. mates heal each other, son. its more effective on him actually since hes human. his genes are much more pliant than that of ours. see his brows? its nearly gone."

"what do you think happened to him pa? i felt so useless, i cant do anything for him."

"ask him when he wakes up. the way he acts seems like an omega. treat him as such. maybe hell open up and tell you what happened to him. ill leave these here. let him eat his fill then later invite him up to the penthouse and stay over the night."