XXII

15 minutes before

"thats absurd, sir james. we cannot give permission to this kind of event. its against the morale of our company let alone the theme is so insulting to some communities. i will not approve of this unless you present to me a more acceptable proposal. this meeting is adjourned." alexander said getting a bit of a migrain. he felt murens agitation a while ago but brush it off as something he might have seen in the internet.

he was walking down the corridor back to his office when his secretary ran to him claiming that muren was dragged by hosea.

"hosea? which way?" his secretary pointed going around the elevator bay and down the corridor toward the emergency exits. alexander ran much faster fearing  murens safety. that girl is one hell bent crazy. he already called it quits with her the day after that incident with ethan, his mother and uncle mild. thats when her true color came out. shes in it for the money and fame. shes got an angel for a face but has a real ugly demon behind it. a couple month ago, she started bugging alexander. messages, letters, notes. they kept on coming even though he already restricted her from ever going to his building. but he somehow found some ways so that she could even go up to his office one time. he knows its not his employees fault that they could be swayed by a couple of tears and heartbreaking stories. shes a skilled manipulator. thats what she is.

this is what he talked about with his mom awhile ago. hes afraid that muren could be hurt due to his stupidity.

he reached the emergency doors, true enough its ajar. he heard a woman saying something from at least five meters away, then suddenly alexander felt the most excruciating pain that he ever felt in his entire life and its all over his body. he rushed to the exit fearing for his mate.

he saw the woman exit the door and into facing him. alexander at this point is seething in anger. he grabbed the woman by the neck staring daggers at her.

"if my mate and son did not make it alive, be sure to have several lives cause youll be needing it in this hell!" alexander shouted growling at her face.

"son! wheres muren?" it was gulf who arrived out of breath beside him.

"where is he?!" alexander shouted.

"HAHAHA! somewhere down there i believe. j-just leave him alexander. i-im the one for you. hes a freak and you know it." alexander gripped her throat tighter.

gulf then rushed towards the exit. there he saw murens  mangled body beneath 3 flight of stairs. blood was oozing out of his mouth and there was a pool of fluid beneath him.

"oh! goddess! muren! muren please wake up!" he tapped murens face fearing that if he touched any more of his body, he could unintentionally jeopardize his delicate state.

"m-my son... p-pa... s-sa s-save... h-im" muren uttered weakly.

"stay awake please son. ill save your pup, okay? just please for your son and alexanders sake, dont go under please." gulf said as he pressed his hand all over murens body mainly on his belly. "the babys fine, dear. just stay awake please. help is on the way." muren nods a little. he already contacted mew via link to prepare the hospital and call for an ambulance. murens state is beyond gulfs abilities and hes human at that. he could only extend his healing towards his own blood and this frustrates gulf more. he fears for alexanders sanity if anything bad will happen to muren.

alexanders fury towards the woman is beyond him. he wants to tear her to pieces and burn her alive but that is just a sweet death for her. hell bring her to the pack and little by little hell tear her sanity and feed her to the unmated  ones. shell taste what hell on earth is like. human that she is, she wont take long to die but who cares. as long as alexander could extract his revenge on her. he warned her many times before this but this will be her own undoing.

alexander handed her to his father who came rushing after gulf as they felt his anger. he already told him what he had planned for her and mew was just ecstatic to be part of it. for now, alexander only wants to save the love of his life, his mate and his long-awaited son.

"pa, hows my son?" alexander anxiously asked his mother who came with them at the ambulance.

"hes fine but i fear there might be a little wrong about him. i cant pinpoint it yet. maybe its because hes half human." gulf whispered to alexander the last part. "muren got several fructures though i could only mend the superficial ones. hell pull through, son. dont worry." gulf rubbed his sons back to appease him even just a little.

alexander gripped his mates hand as if his life depends on it. he cant even think of anything but to save his murens life. he promised the heavens for him. he even willing to give up his powers if that was possible just to save him. he pleads for the moon goddess to let him be with him for the sake of their little sons future.

without questions asked, muren was rushed to the theater to get his son out. although premature, hes going to be fine for a couple of weeks or even just days  in the nicu depending on his condition. muren, however, undergone several surgery. he got several fructures but the most critical ones were his hip and right leg. they suspected that as muren fell down, he covered his belly and his hip and leg got the brunt of all the hits. now, they could only wait for the babys natal assessment and murens consciousness to pull through.

as gulf suspected it, much to his sorrow, the baby was clinically declared deaf. but as much as hes a wolf, too, theres still hope that he could regain his hearing but not the very near future. for now, all they could be thankful for that he was healthy and muren protected him well enough to survive.

after the operation, alexander would not leave murens side. if he did, he would go to the nicu to touch his sons hand or sometimes his feet earning some smiles and even jerks from his pup. making him somehow elated to see that his son is fine and well. muren on the other hand, went into a coma. the doctors did not see any anomaly on his head but muren still would not wake up.

this made alexander felt more angrier than he could ever be to the woman who caused all this nightmare. after several days, the woman was manhandled by several unmated ones in the dungeon. shes nearing mad, alexander could tell. many had shifted in her presence making her question her own sanity. nobody ever talked to her unless they want to be automatically banished from the pack. call alexander ruthless but its his family that was hurt. ruthless seems to still be  an understatement for him.

a week passed but theres still no sign of muren waking up. gulf already healed most of his cuts and minor fractures. hes almost good as new but there seems to be holding muren back from opening his eyes. he really really want to wake up already but he felt like theres a ton weighing him down. he couldnt lift even a finger. he really wants to see his son. sometimes he could hear and even feel alexander beside him holding his hand. he wants to reach out and say that hes fine but his body still wont listen to him. other times, he could hear gulf talking to alexander about their baby. he heard that he is deaf but nevertheless, hes still their baby. hell be loved no less than that who could hear. hes still their son. hes so glad he protected him when he fell down. let it him be hurt, just not his son. hell raise hell if ever he will be.

"babe, please wake up." he heard alexander said. his voice seemed far. maybe hes sitting away from him. "i dont know what to do, babe. its nearly a month now and im beginning to go insane. please, babe." he heard the screech of the chair moving over near the bed and he felt alexanders soft kisses on his hand.

alexander inhaled his mates scent from his hand. he could tell that muren could hear him. when his mom told him about their sons condition, he saw muren teared up. it really broke their heart that his son became like this but for sure, him and his mate will still love him and will love him even more.

"please, babe, wake up. i miss you." suddenly, alexander felt a grip on his hand where murens hand is.

"babe?"