XXV

10 years passed

at the mansion

muren heard steps from the hall

muren heard steps from the hall. a small light one and a stomping one. hes just starting to wake up and the rays of the sun is already stinging his eyes. he laid still waiting for his son and mate approach him on the bed. he turned in late last night due to an omega giving birth at their infirmary. the young one insisted their luna to be with him. hes an orphan, you see. and his mate was on a trip together with lexies beta at the castle for some pack business. and it was a 4 hour drive at the fastest. their daughter is so beautiful. how he wish he could have one too.

suddenly he felt his bed dipped a little

suddenly he felt his bed dipped a little. its his son, kea (kay). hes deaf, yes, but he could lip read and almost like any normal kid. his speech is normal and muren loved to hear his voice. hes literally their bundle of joy.

"mom! mom! mom!" his kea shook him.

"yes, baby. good morning! wheres my kissy kissy?" muren reached out to his sons neck pulling him on his chest. hugging him and prepping him up for kisses.

"mom stop it! im not a baby anymore!"

"but youre still my baby and even though youre 30, youre still gonna be my baby." he said as he still nuzzles him again back to his chest

"thats enough, babe. i prepared breakfast downstairs. come on." alexander said by the door staring lovingly at his mate and only son. alexander still got that sadness in his eyes whenever he looked at his son and muren thinks it wont go away until kealoha regain his hearing. nevertheless, alexander is so proud of his son. hes an alpha, by the way. his heir and a smart one at that. at 10, hes already in high school. alexander plans to take him to the company after he graduated and learn from him while he attends college. no matter how smart his son is, hes still a kid who likes to run and play. thats what alexander wanted for him. just to live life and not burden himself too much with responsibilities and study.

"come on mom. stop being such a lazy baby."

"ow, my baby calls his mommy a baby. im hurt!" he clasps his chest playfully as he sat up.

"stop the drama mom! come on!" kea pulled his mom from the bed and ran towards the door still pulling him behind him.

muren ran behind his son.

on his feet.

on his own two feet.

but

how he wished kea could have a sibling. he thought as he rubbed his belly. kea is already ten and alexander and him truly tries for another one but years passed, ethan was right. he could not bear another child, pup, again.

they reached the dinning table where alexander finished setting the utensils.

midday at the living room

ethan, shane and cade came over for his yearly dose of numnums

ethan, shane and cade came over for his yearly dose of numnums. yey! ew....

as much as shanes blood helped him to walk, the taste is really disgusting. human as he is, he recoil from it. at first try, adrenaline took over. he was too eager to walk again that it shadows the iron taste of his blood but now, yesh! he could taste it. its like hes licking steel and munching on it. it just a shotglass but still its blood.

a month passed and night came at the mansion

muren slid over to his mates waiting arms. nowadays, he just wants to cuddle with his mate and becomes irritable when hes away. whenever their cook prepares something at their kitchen, he ran away especially if they were stir frying garlic and onions. it smelled disgusting. whats wrong with him? he sometimes feel a bit off. maybe its because he drank blood? that was already a month ago so, its out of the causes.

"love?" muren looked up at his mate who is already had his eyes closed.

"yes, babe? hmmmmm..." his lexie said as he nuzzles his head. "you smell so good. you bought another type of shampoo?" he said groggy.

"nope. its just that im... umn... do you still want another pup?"

"hmm? pup? of course. who wouldnt? wait - "

suddenly alexander peeled off their blanket exposing him and muren on their pyjamas. alexander topped him and crouch down on his belly and pressed his ear on it.

"no wonder you smell different, babe. i can hear heartbeat here, babe! babe! oh my goddess!" alexander sobs on murens neck.

what?

hes... hes pregnant?

how about ethans 3... 3%?

3%

"love? oh my god! dont tease me! its not a funny joke!" muren exclaimed tearing up.

"come on! lets go my parents house." alexander jumped out of bed nearly toppling over on the sheets. "kea!!!" he shouted down the hall. "kealoha wake up! were going to grannies! come on!"

muren was left dumbfounded on their bed. he reached down to his belly. he cannot believe it. if what alexander said was true, please let it be true. he wants it to be true.

as he saw his lexie trotted back and forth fixing a bag to bring, he only saw the twinkle in his eyes and the jump on his gait. muren felt so much joy radiating from him. throughout all the years that theyve been together, he didnt see him like this. well, apart from the time when he knew he was pregnant with kealoha.

from the moment he asked him on that park, when he brought him into his life, by the time he was accepted into the family despite him being unusual, they saved him. his lexie saved him. his love. his life.

---> fin