Chapter 8

Haunted

Allison, Stefan, and Damon we're currently tracking Vicki

Allison, Stefan, and Damon we're currently tracking Vicki. "Let's go," Allison said and they all sped to Vicki before she was able to bite Tyler. Stefan got a hold of her. She stood in front of Tyler as he stood up with Damon beside her. "What's going on here Stefan? What's wrong with her?" Tyler asked. "You don't talk," Damon told him. "Screw you," Tyler said. "Dude?" Really "Dude?" Damon said.

"Damon don't," Stefan told him. "Oh come on. Who is gonna miss this idiot?" Damon said. "Look Damon as much as I don't like him don't," Allison told him. Tyler then punched Damon. "Oh! Don't hurt him." Vicki said as she struggled in Stefan's arms. "Enough. Forget what you saw here tonight. None of us were here." Allison compelled him and then threw him against his car. "That's for slapping me last time asshole," Allison said then sped away with Stefan, Damon, and Vicki.

"Now Vicki I need you to call your brother and tell him you're okay and you just need to figure things out," Allison said giving Vicki her phone and then walking away to serve herself some bourbon.  "Hey! that's mine make your own." Allison said as Damon took the drink out of her hand.

"Why can't I just go home?" Vicki asked Stefan. "Because you're changing, Vicki, and it's not something you wanna do alone," Stefan told her. "There's nothing about that Logan guy I killed in here, not a word someone is covering it up," Allison said as she looked at the newspaper and took out the Gilbert watch. "What is that?" Vicki asked.  "This is a very special old compass. What was Logan fell doing with it? Aren't you curious?" Damon said.

"Well if you're both so worried that somebody's onto you, why don't you both leave town, Allison? Damon?" Stefan asked.  "We should all be worried," Allison said.  "Hey, um, I'm hungry. Do you have something to eat?" Vicki asked.  "Here," Stefan said as he handed her some animal blood.  "What is it?" Vicki asked him. "What you're craving," Stefan said. "Oh don't lie to her. It's so not what she's craving. I'm sure she doesn't want to eat Bambi's blood." Allison said.

"But it'll do in a pinch right Stef?" Damon said sarcastically. "What is it?" Vicki asked again. "Yeah what is it Skunk?" "Saint Bernard?" "Bambi?" "Go on give it a try," Stefan said ignoring Allison and Damon.  "She's new she needs people's blood. She can't sustain on that stuff ." Damon said.

"Yeah, why can't I have people's blood?" Vicki asked.  "Because it's wrong to prey on innocent people, Vicki," Stefan told her. "You don't have to kill to feed. Just find someone and then erase their memory afterward. It's easy." Allison said.  "No. No. No. There's no guarantee that you control yourself ok?" Stefan told Vicki.

"It's taken years to learn that right Allison. You could easily kill somebody, and then you have to carry that guilt with you for the rest of your life, which if I haven't made clear is eternity." Stefan said. "Okay one she can take one drop of human blood a day okay and I didn't kill him he was killed in front of my eyes might I add, so stop putting me in your examples because if I remember correctly you had way less control of your hunger than me! Now if you'll excuse me I'm out of here." Allison said leaving the room. "Just snatch eat and erase and I'm out of here too," Damon said leaving as well.  "So sis where are we going?" Damon asked her. She was about to answer when the doorbell rang.