Chapter 9

162 candles

Stefan was sitting asleep on the seat when his book fell off his lap

Stefan was sitting asleep on the seat when his book fell off his lap. That had woken him up. He stood up to stretch when he heard a woman laugh. "Allison?!" He questioned but got no response. He started walking forward and heard a creak then the door that led to the back of the house opened so he went to close it.

As he closed it he heard a swoosh and then noises coming from upstairs. "Damon? Allison?" He asked out loud. Then he heard another swoosh and that's when he got knocked and pinned to the ground and saw the familiar face of his best friend Lexi Branson. "Lexi?" He questioned. "Hi." She said. "What are you doing here?" He asked as she helped him up from the ground. "How could you even ask that?" She asked him. "I missed you." He said pulling her into a hug. "Happy birthday." She said as he let go of her.

Allison woke up and changed. "Where's Damon and Allison?" She heard the familiar voice of Lexi Branson. "Probably inflicting misery somewhere." She heard Stefan say as she walked towards his room. "How rude brother especially since I always help you. Hello Lexi." Allison said and winked at her. "Whatever, you gonna be okay here alone?" Stefan asked Lexi, ignoring Allison. "Of course, she is I'll be here to keep her company," Allison told him.

"No, you have to come with me to the station Allison," Stefan told her and she rolled her eyes. "Yeah, well it's not exactly like I can go anywhere. And you and Damon are the only ones with these nifty little daylight rings and Allison here is lucky she can walk in the sun cause she is both a witch and vampire which I'm still confused about how, but I have a mood ring from '75. Trade ya?" Lexi asked Stefan.

"It doesn't work that way and you know it," Stefan told Lexi. "Yeah." Lexi sighed. "Hey Lex I'm really glad that you came here," Stefan told her. "Okay, what are we doing for your guy's birthday?" Lexi asked. "That's right brother we're  162. We're getting old." Allison commented. "Really?" Stefan asked. "Oh yeah," Lexi said and high-fived Allison.

"What we're you and your sister doing at her house?" Liz Forbes asked them. "We were trying to help her we knew that Elena was worried about her brother. He was dating Vicki and she had a drug problem, so we tried to help." They said. "So you two got involved because Elena asked you to?" Liz asked.

"I asked for Stefan and Allison's help, I thought that by helping Vicki, he was helping my brother," Elena said. "Were there any signs of aggression or violence?" Liz asked Matt, Elena, Jeremy, Allison, and Stefan. "No." They all said. "So you believe Vicki really has left town?" Liz asked them. "Yes." They said.

Stefan and Allison stood outside the station waiting for Elena, Jeremy, and Matt. Matt walked out first walking past Stefan and Allison. "We were trying to help her, Matt. That's all." Allison called out to him but he just kept walking and ignored her.  Jenna then walked out with Jeremy and Elena. "I'll meet you guys at the car," Elena told Jenna and Jeremy. "Okay," Jenna said as she walked to the car with Jeremy.