Chapter 16

Under Control

"Do you mind turning it down!" Allison asked as she barged into Stefan's room

"Do you mind turning it down!" Allison asked as she barged into Stefan's room. He was blasting music loudly which woke Allison up. "Sorry," Stefan said as he continued to do pull-ups. "When are you going back to school? And why aren't you ready yet?" Allison heard Damon ask and she hadn't realized he was there. "Soon," Stefan said. "Uh because I wanted to sleep in," Allison told him sitting on the chair in Stefan's room. "Oh come on. Just drink already. The self-detox is unnatural." Damon told Stefan bringing him a glass of blood. "Could you get that away from me please?" Stefan asked. "You can always take small amounts each day. I've offered to help you but you won't take it. I know I'm no Lexi but I just want to help." Allison told Stefan.

"How long did it take you to wean yourself off of it after you last indulged?" Damon asked but Stefan ignored him pushing Allison off the chair so he could do some push-ups. "Oh that's not good," Damon commented. "I'll be fine. It just takes a little bit of time." Stefan told him. "I don't get it. You know, you don't have to kill to survive. That's what blood banks are for. I haven't hunted a human in god way too long." Damon said. "Oh, I'm impressed." Allison and Stefan said at the same time. "It was completely self-serving. Trying to get the town off trail of vampires which is not very easy considering there's an entire tomb of them running around." Damon said.

"What are we planning on doing about that?" Stefan asked standing up. "We're not going to be doing much of anything if you don't have your strength. There's nothing wrong with partaking in a healthy diet of human blood from a blood bank. You're not actually killing anyone." Damon told him. "I have my reasons," Stefan said. "Well, what are those holier-than-thou reasons? Cause you know we've never actually discussed that. I'd love to hear this story." Damon said. "You're really enjoying this, aren't you? Just watching me uh struggle?" Stefan asked.

"Very much so," Damon said. "I hate to break it to you Damon but I actually have it under complete control," Stefan said. "Do you?" Allison asked. "Mhm," Stefan told her. "Oh. Well, then you should just carry on making the rest of us vampires look bad. Have a great day Stefan." Damon said leaving the glass of blood on the table and then walking out. "I'm here if anything," Allison told him before walking out as well going to get ready for school.

Allison was at her locker getting her books when she saw Jeremy approaching. "Hey, Jere." She greeted. "Uh hey." He told her shortly. "How are you doing?" Allison asked him. "How do you think I'm doing?" Jeremy told her. "Right stupid question," Allison said as she looked down at her feet. "Look I'll talk to you later," Jeremy said shutting his locker and walking away. "What was that?" She heard Elena ask as she approached her. "I don't know I feel like he's been avoiding me," Allison told her. "How's Stefan?" Elena asked her as they started walking to Alaric's class. "He says he's doing fine but I think he's trying to hide the fact he's struggling," Allison told her truthfully.