Chapter 17

Miss Mystic Falls

"Nice car." Allison heard Elena say as she got out of the car. "Well, it was a waste to leave it sitting in the garage," Stefan said approaching her and kissing her. "Ugh, you guys make me sick," Allison commented. "You're just jealous little sister," Stefan told her as he pulled away from Elena. "I'm actually older," Allison said. "I didn't know you were coming back today," Elena told Stefan. "You know, I woke up this morning and I was feeling great and I figured it was time for me to get back into things," Stefan told Elena but Allison could see through his bullshit. "Does that mean you're okay now? With all the cravings?" Elena asked. "Yeah, I mean, the worst part is over. So now all I wanna do is just spend as much time with you as possible." Stefan told her. "I'm okay with that," Elena said kissing him again. "Okay, I'm gonna walk away now too much PDA for me this morning," Allison said leaving the couple by themselves. Allison was nervous about seeing Jeremy she was hoping she wouldn't run into him. She wasn't exactly sure how he was going to react to what he read last night.

"Okay, this week we're going to set aside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founder's Day. The uh, community leaders feel that's more important than World War II. But hey, what do I know?" Alaric said as he walked into class. Just as he finished speaking Bonnie walked into the class. "Ah, sorry I'm late," Bonnie said. "Well, looks like we will be at full occupancy today. Welcome home, Bonnie." Alaric said as Bonnie took her seat next to Allison. "Glad you're back," Allison told her. "Me too," Bonnie told her with a small smile.

"So? Have you been practicing?" Allison asked Bonnie as they walked outside. "Yeah, I've gotten most of the basics," Bonnie told her. "Good we can move up to a little harder spells," Allison told her. "Bonnie!" Elena exclaimed trying to catch up to the two girls. "Hey." Bonnie greeted but kept walking. "Hey I tried to grab you after class but you had already taken off. How are you? How's your family?" Elena asked her as Bonnie finally stopped walking. "We're dealing. It's been hard." Bonnie told her. "Everyone here really missed you," Elena told her. "Yeah, I just had so much to deal with after grams' funeral. And honestly, after you told me the tomb spell failed I just didn't really wanna come back." Bonnie told her. "I hope that you understand why I called. I wanted you to know before you came home." Elena said. "I understand why, I just shouldn't know," Bonnie said. "I know it's been really hard," Elena said.

"Bonnie! Bonnie, thank god you're home. I know we talked every day but I missed you." Allison heard Caroline's voice. Caroline approached Bonnie and hugged her. "How are you doing?" Caroline asked Bonnie. "Better, it's better you know. Glad to be back and uh try to keep myself busy." Bonnie told her. "Well, I can help with that. Major wardrobe confab needed ASAP. You need to help me pick the perfect dress for the Founder's Court." Caroline said. "The founder's court? Did I miss something?" Elena asked confused.

"The Founder's Court. You know Miss Mystic Falls. They announced it today. And you and I are both on it." Caroline told her. "Oh my God, we signed up for that so long ago I completely forgot," Elena said. "Yeah. Oh so are, are you dropping out then?" Caroline asked. "I can't," Elena said. "No?" Caroline asked. "Her mom is the one who wanted her to enter," Bonnie said.