~ 6 ~

“Wow Papa,” Aurora gasped, she looked around the dimly lit room in awe. She never had seen anything like this and Charlie relished in her childish reaction towards a simple room.

“It’s nothing to get excited over,” Charlie smiled, though he felt quite flushed from the compliment, “it’ll get better once you start to decorate the place.”

The room was decorated, yeah, but it was also pretty bare. Charlie wanted Aurora to decorate it however she wanted and simply provide her with the things she would need and not the things she would want.

In his opinion, with the help of teens down on the reservation he managed to get the room built up in record time, the bedframe being a white, the sheets being a cream color with some fluffy white and gray  pillows decorating the top. There was a set of sheer white currents with cream ones behind them and a matching white desk that allowed her to look out the window with a gray chair, white fluffy rug with grey bunnies on it, and a wall that was painted in a nice off grey color, pretty neutral right.

The wall only had a few pictures up on it and it was the pictures that Nurse Taylor took of them while she was recovering, and a few pictures Aurora had either colored or drawn and given to Charlie.

“Decorate?” Aurora smiled, she didn’t mind if he had decorated the room for her but to have the option to do it herself made her smile widely.

“Anyway you want.” Charlie nodded, “though I must remind you that I don’t know how to cook.” He rubbed the back of his neck, he wanted to learn but Sue had kicked him out the kitchen when he almost lit something on fire trying to make a simple grilled cheese. But that doesn’t mean he won’t stop trying.

“I can’t cook either?” Aurora honestly doesn’t remember if she could cook or not, she also didn’t remember if she liked certain foods until she ate them but that's besides the point.

“Which means you don’t mind eating at one of my favorite diners?” He smiled, he knew she didn’t really have a choice because neither of them could cook but he wanted her to feel like she did and if she didn’t like the food there he could always ask Sue who would happily cook for the two of them.

“Yeah,” She nodded, she didn’t mind, and she didn’t have a choice unless she wanted to starve.

“Also you’ll be attending school this upcoming year.” He didn’t want her to attend now because the school would let out after a few months. He would wait until the new school year begins and have her test in order to find out what grade she belongs in.

“School,” Aurora whispered and a visible shiver ran down her spine. A cold sweat collecting along her back, and fear clouding her eyes.

“N-no school please.” She muttered, she felt terrified and ready to throw up but the arms wrapping around her waist, and the words of comfort flowing into her ears got her to at least stop shivering.

“You need school though,” Charlie frowned, he couldn’t homeschool her because he had no time but he also didn’t want to send her to school with her looking ready to vomit over herself every time it was mentioned.

“I-i know.” Aurora whimpered, and concluded that Charlie knew something dealing with her past had to be connected towards a school, maybe teens? He didn’t know and he felt distressed as the young teen clung onto his clothing in fear.

“You're not going into school yet,” he whispered into her hair, “and you can do it online if you must.” He probably was going to do that anyways, have her do school online until all the Cullens graduate, he didn’t want any of them around his little girl and he most definitely doesn’t want that Edward Cullen around her.