~ 19 ~

“Papa! Papa! What is this?” Aurora bounced around the kitchen, he and Sue had just returned and everyone besides Charlie and her were congregated in the living room.

“Stuff for you?” He didn’t know what they were either, of course he had a basic knowledge of feminine products but there were more things he never heard about or knew women needed, after all Bella either never used them or told him that was what she needed.

“It’s pink!” Aurora giggled, pulling out a soft teddy bear, it felt like it was stuffed with something other than cotton and it was. Sue was in joy at the little heating and cooling bear, no longer would heating pads be wasted once their used or bags would be thrown away after putting ice in it.

“It’s supposed to be a heating pad.” He saw an advertisement about that stuffed bear. If you wanted a heating pad you just warmed it up in a microwave, but for an ice pack you just cooled it in the freezer. He thought it was quite useful and reusable so he decided to splurge and spend fifty dollars on the thing.

“It’s so cute Papa!” Aurora hugged him, she was still wrapped in the blanket so she merely cuddled into his side while he wrapped his arms around her. He could live like this, though he had a few things to get through like making sure she’s well and healthy again, basically baby steps.

“Oh Charlie don’t forget to tell her about the cute little bath bombs and nice smelling lotion we got!” Sue was so happy, after Leah got older she became uninterested in girly things, so she never got to spend money on dresses and cute things, but with Aurora. Charlie was sure she went into debt from spending so much money.

“Oh yeah.” Charlie signed, opening up a bag filled with different types of bath bombs but they all had one thing in common. Strawberry shortcake, every single one of them smelt like the sweet dessert, Sue had this idea that the scent would suit Aurora and she wasn’t particularly wrong. To any nonhuman being she smelt like Strawberry Shortcake, but now humans would even smell it.

“Papa, this smells good.” Aurora smiled, she loved it, she loved the cupcake, cake slice, heart, and all types of shaped soap. She thought it was cute and she never saw or used anything like this before.

“I told you she would like it.” Sue smiled, that entire bag cost Charlie two hundred dollars and equaled up to two months worth of baths.

“I didn’t know your size so we just bought some oversized sleepwear and socks for you darling.” Charlie smiled, the cute onesies he found would end him, but Sue made sure he got her some shirts and shorts to wear when it was too hot for a onesie on some nights.

“I can wear this one tonight?” Aurora stared in awe, the bear onesies calling her name and she determined right then and there that it was her favorite out of the other animal onesies.

“Sure.” Charlie shrugged, this was the most he ever talked to a child and he couldn’t help but feel regret. He never had conversations with Bella like this and he would never be able to do so now as she was dead, but that wouldn’t stop him from making memories with Aurora, he’ll do a better job taking care of her than he did with Bella, make sure he doesn’t make the same mistake twice.

Aurora was getting excited looking through all the things they bought and her hair gently curled around Charlie’s fingers. He would never get used to the fact his daughter had hair that acted like tentacles. Floating, poking, and curling around things like it had a mind of its own. It was a sight to see since Aurora had such good hair and he even wondered if that was all she was capable of doing, he didn’t want to suddenly wake up with half the house missing because Aurora had some power he knew nothing about.

“It’s not dangerous.” Aurora whispered, still smiling, she could trust her Papa, she knew he wouldn’t do anything to hurt her, the voice inside her head told her so.

“It’s not.” He didn’t know what to say, he just went back to rubbing her head as she dug through the bags on the floor, well at least he didn’t have to worry about something bad happening, but he was a little surprised that she knew he was thinking about strange powers.

“I used it once.” She wouldn’t tell him about the time she hurt her Mama, she didn’t mean to, it just happened, she was upset and didn’t know how to control it but she couldn’t do what she previously could anyways. It’s like something is stopping her from lifting up objects other than small trinkets.

“You did.” Charlie frowned, “the hospital.” He mumbled, he remembered how the lights above blew out, scaring a few years off his life, but he also remembered what caused said lights to blow out, that Cullen. He wanted to hit something, holding a grudge wasn’t healthy and he knew it, but his daughter’s life was taken, that would leave a permanent scar that he knew would never go away.

“Did I scare you?” Aurora stopped rambling through the bags, a stuffed dinosaur in her arms, she looked down, “I didn’t mean too if I did.” She was worried, she knew she scared Nurse Taylor. The woman looked quite stunned and she wished to apologize but she knew she wouldn’t be able to explain how she did it.

“Yes you did.” Charlie signed, “but like you said you didn’t mean to do it so I forgive you.” he gave her a kiss on the forehead, his heart warming at the fact he had a chance to do such a thing again, don’t get him wrong, he stilled was sad about Bella, but the thing was he had more important things right now, he wasn’t forgetting about her, he had her pictures up in his room, but only when Bella was a child, she didn’t really want to take pictures while she was here and the ones she did take had her scowling in them, he wanted her to be happy in those photos, so he threw them out.

“Really.” She smiled, yeah, the voices were right, Charlie wouldn’t be upset with her because he was an understanding man. She quite loved her new father figure, and wished to give him the world when she’s able too.

“Papa, thank you.” Aurora kissed his cheek back, she loved that he did so much for her despite barely knowing her.

“You're welcome.” Charlie smiled. Everyone was smiling, the Shifters could hear their conversation and it warmed their hearts knowing Charlie was feeling so much better than he's ever had.

“Yeah, Aurora must be an Angel.” Harry leaned back, smiling, it’s either Bella was a lame child or Aurora was an Angel because even Leah wasn’t this bouncy around him when she was younger and she’s only a few years older than Aurora.

“Charlie will be just fine.” Sue smiled, “now let's all go and give them some bonding time.” She didn’t really get to talk with Aurora but the girl was coming down to the reservation this weekend for dinner with the family anyways, she’ll get to talk all day with her then.

“Can I stay just one more day?” Jacob almost whined, the weekend was two days away and he just wanted to lower the days he wouldn’t be able to see her.

“Baby.” Leah mumbled and Seth chuckled, Jacob was acting like a baby.

“No, now let's go.” Billy signed, he would if it wasn’t for the fact that Charlie and Aurora were having such a sweet moment right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~