~ 14 ~

“Say Jakie, are you gonna stay here with us?” Aurora glanced over to him, she was buried underneath the blankets, her face was still red but at least her nose had stopped bleeding.

“No, just until you're better.” He sat on the floor, he’s been awake along with Charlie since early morning because of Aurora’s fever and nosebleed and he didn’t feel like going back to sleep until Aurora was looking herself again.

“Doctor Lee is staying?” Aurora looked around, the man was speaking with her father downstairs, he gave her a couple of meds and a shot that took both Charlie and Jacob to hold her down, before her fever was able to decrease.

“I’m not sure.” He was tired, yes, but he couldn’t go to sleep. His heart nearly stopped when he saw Aurora and he just had to see her normal again before he could sleep, “he’s talking to Charlie.” He was now just picking at the fluff on Aurora’s carpet, busying himself while Aurora rolled restlessly on her bed.

“I’m not gonna get to go to the reservation am I?” She pouted, feeling like she wanted to cry. They were talking about only a week of bedrest, but now she was positive she would stay in the house longer.

“No,” Jacob signed, “I don’t think so either.” He felt a little salty about that, he wanted the girl to come so he could show her around, impress her a little, but now that wasn’t going to happen, at least for a while now from what he was hearing.

Luckily it wasn’t serious enough for her to return to the hospital, but it was bad enough for her to be stuck in bed for a couple of days. The only good thing that came out of this was the fact that Charlie was given double the amount of days off, because of the incident. Something that shouldn’t be celebrated but it relieved Charlie to know he’ll be around just in case Aurora got sick.

The reason why  she got so sick all of a sudden was unknown, like a force was trying to enter her, she descripted to Doctor Lee that it felt like the first time, though less burning and more hurting. Jacob was worried, he felt like this had supernatural forces, but that was stupid, no one was casing a spell on her, but he felt like it had to be an unknown force that was doing this to her, there was no way that something would happen all of a sudden but then again he didn’t know the girl enough to know her medical history, it could’ve all been normal for her.

“Jakie will you stay with me?” She wanted company, it'd be horrible for her if she was to stay in bed with nothing and no one to keep her entertained, she would rather die, feeling quite bored already but happy that the burning feeling was going away, even if the shot hurt worse than the headache.

“Yeah.” He nodded, he wouldn’t leave her, he already got permission from his father to stay longer if needed and he’ll gladly stay for as long as Charlie lets him.

“Good,” Aurora yawned, “come sleep with me?” She scooted over, a sleepy smile on her face, she was in her bed which was big enough for the both of them, which meant she could have her personal heater under the blankets with her.

“Now?” He choked, sleeping with her would be nice, but he wasn’t here for that and it wasn’t what she meant.

“Yes, I need my personal heater.” nodding her head hurt so she just flipped her blanket up and down making a flapping noise, she was serious.

“Well let me get near the wall, Doctor Lee needs to have easy access to you.” He wasted no time jumping into the bed and crawling over her to lay down, he didn’t need any blankets, and he was positive Charlie wouldn’t be too happy to see his daughter sharing a bed with him, so he’ll just sleep on top of the covers.

“Cover?” She held a blanket up.

“No I’m good, you need it more than me.” He laid back, he could sleep like this, the scent of peaches flooding his nose and calming his heart, he could sleep just fine knowing Aurora was next to him and safe.

“Okay.” Aurora didn’t believe him, her blankets were soft and cozy, he’ll love it just like she did, so she’ll toss the blanket over him whenever he falls asleep, she wouldn’t leave her first friend sleeping in the cold. But she also couldn’t help but shiver, if she was living with her mother she was sure the woman would beat her for having a guy in her bed and hoped her father wouldn’t get too upset with her, it actually made her want to go back on her word but Jacob looked so peaceful on her bed and she didn’t have the heart to kick him back onto the hardwood floor.

She’ll let it go time, and hopefully Charlie’s reaction would allow her to do this again, but she’ll just have to see. She enjoyed her personal heater so much and would hate that he’ll get into trouble for a decision she made on her own free will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So,” Caius lifted a brow, “you're just going to let the human go?” When Aro did things it was hard to think of the reason why, the man was hard to read and enjoyed when no one could understand his motives.

“That human is special Caius.” He gave a wink, “the Cullens will need our help, and if they don’t I'm positive Isabella will call again. The little girl seems to have a jealousy streak whenever the attention is no longer on her so getting what I want will be easy.” He didn’t know exactly what was special about the human, he just knew she’ll be able to kill the Cullens and that itself was a feat with the Major, Alice, and Edward on their side. Marcus just scoffed, he knew why the girl was special, was he going to say it? No, they never ask, he’ll never tell.

“You plan on making the human into a vampire?” Caius thought that was a little too much, they could just the creature and be done with it, but Aro seems to be in a playful mood.

“Of course! We have space for a human that could do some damage.” He sniggered, the plans he had for that human girl was huge, he’ll enjoy seeing the looks on other vampire's faces when he had a human get rid of them, it’ll be a change of pace for them also.

“Yeah, sure.” Caius just waved him off, not at all amused by his plans with the girl, he'd rather get rid of her, dealing with humans was exhausting and he'd rather avoid all their ‘needs.’

“You don’t see it now brothers.” Aro smirked, “but that girl would be greatly useful for us and we can’t have the Cullens gaining anything more.” That was what he feared the most, the Coven of vampires were small, but with a mind reader, shield, Seer, and war Major they were becoming quite strong for such a small group. In the far back of his mind, he hoped the girl would get rid of the Cullens for them, making it easy to take the girl and convert her to their side.

“I believe it.” Marcus just agreed, he didn’t need to argue with him over something that’ll never happen, he’ll just stroke his ego a little so he’ll drop it. He didn’t want a long lecture while they were flying home, he wanted peace and quiet and a hand to Caius was enough for the man to understand to just nod along and ignore Aro’s eager mumbling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~