3

"I am a terrible person," Caroline sat at the bar with her friends, waiting for their drinks. She is still feeling bad about the break up and her friends thoughts a night out at the club will cheer her up, or at least divert her for a little bit.

"You are not a terrible person, you are just...you have issues," Florence Kloss, tried to make her friend feel better.

"Aww! Thanks Flo," Caroline sarcastically smiled at the journalist. "I was not aware of that."

"Look, he was not the right guy," Eloise said just as their drink arrived. "One day you will meet your soulmate and you won't be scared of commitments anymore. You will want to spend the rest of your life with that person."

Caroline looked at Eloise as if she has suddenly grown two extra heads.

"What?" Eloise asked, confused as to why Caroline and Florence were looking at her weirdly. "You two don't believe in soulmates?"

"I do, but this one doesn't," Florence pointed at Caroline.

"What is there to believe?" Caroline asked as she took a sip of her drink. "It's a lie people tell to convince themselves that they settled for the right person. But sooner or later one of them will realize that their so called soulmate is not enough and they will end up leaving or cheating, and then shamelessly come back when they lose everything."

"Aww honey, you need help," Eloise hugged Caroline who was finishing her drink.

"Let's just go and dance," Caroline put down the glass.

"And remember, we won't judge if you go home with a guy tonight," Florence joked as they all made their way to the dance floor.

***

Caroline danced as loud music blasted in the club. Both Eloise and Florence got separated from her as more people joined the dance floor.

She was dancing with some strangers when her back hit someone and she almost fell, only to be saved by the arms of the person behind her.

"Gotta say, you dance better than you drive," the familiar voice chuckled, making Caroline turn and face him.

"And just like that my day went from bad to worse," Caroline rolled her eyes.

"Technically, it's night time now," Lewis smirked, his hand still on Caroline's waist but let go once he realized it.

"Good bye Lewis," Caroline turned around and left the dance floor.

Lewis followed her to the bar.

"Let me buy you a drink," he offered. "Looks like you could use one."

Before she could say no he already ordered their drinks.

"Has someone told you that you are very infuriating?" Caroline asked, shooting him a glare.

"Oh yes! Many times," he smiled as he handed Caroline her drink. "There is a Red Bull driver who crashes into me all the time, and her race weekend is not complete without calling me infuriating, or arrogant, or a sore loser."

"I believe you were the one who crashed into her first," Caroline took a sip, remembering their first crash.

"Nah!" he shook his head, letting out a small laugh. "Pretty sure she crashed into me first."

"Then I guess what they say is true, you are getting old," Caroline smirked. "Maybe the reason why your memory is so poor."

"Okay now you have reached a new level of your bitchiness," Lewis joked, making Caroline chuckle.

***

"I am never drinking again," Florence groaned as she approached Eloise and Caroline.

After leaving the club they decided to just spend the night in Caroline's house as it was closer.

"You say that every time, at this point those words don't have any meaning left," Caroline said as she poured a cup of coffee for her friend.

"Thanks," Florence said as she took the cup. "What are you two talking about?"

"Oh nothing...except how Caroline got drunk with Sir Lewis Hamilton," Eloise replied, earning a glare from the driver.

"Gotta say, he is an upgrade Care," Florence said before drinking her coffee.

"We just talked and he bought me a couple of drinks, that's it," Caroline defended herself. "And I still don't like him."

"Oh sure, you just spent two hours talking to the guy you hate so much," Florence sassed. "That's totally normal."

Caroline just sat there with one hand massaging the side of her head and the other one holding the empty coffee cup as both her friends went on and on about last night and what happened between Caroline and Lewis.

The conversation was interrupted as the front door opened and Max barged in, but stopped in his track when he saw Caroline was not alone.

"Didn't realize you had company so early in the morning," he nervously looked at Caroline.

"They spent the night here," she replied. "What are you doing here?"

"I umm...I am about to go on a run," he lied as he can't say the truth with Eloise and Florence present, but Caroline understood what he meant, once again he is trying to avoid his girlfrined. "I was just wondering if you would like to join me."

"She can't," Eloise replied. "She has a hangover."

"Actually, I will join you," Caroline quickly replied. "Let me get changed fast."

She ran to her bedroom, leaving Max alone with Eloise and Florence.

He awkwardly stood there as Florence had her head rested on the kitchen island and Eloise looked confused.

After a few minutes, Caroline came out, ready to leave.

"Let's go," she said to Max before saying good bye to her friends and walking out with her teammate.

"What just happened?" Eloise asked, but Florence was too hungover to reply.

"Do you actually want to go for a run or..." Max asked as he too was confused.

"They were talking about something that happened last night and I can't take it anymore," Caroline honestly replied.

"Umm..what happened?"

"I will tell you later."  

**********

A/N: What do you think about Caroline and Lewis?

Thoughts on this chapter?