20

"Come on, I promise you will have a good time," Lewis said as he tried to keep up with Caroline. As soon as she arrived at the paddock he asked her out on a date and according to Caroline it's not a good idea, but the Mercedes driver is too stubborn to give up.

"You are now sounding desperate," she playfully replied, shooting him a teasing smile. "As I told you Lewis, I am not looking for a relationship or any sort of dating."

"Then how about just dinner...just two friends having dinner?" he suggested, hoping she would agree.

"Nope we are not friends," Caroline shook her head.

"Not friends?" he pretended to be offended. "So we are just two people who get drunk and have sex, nothing more?"

Caroline immediately stopped walking as he eyes went slightly wide, checking if anyone around them heard what Lewis just said but thankfully no one seem to have any sort of attention on them at the moment.

"Are you crazy?" she whispered as she hit his arm. "You realize how much trouble we will be in if anyone finds out?"

Lewis laughed at her reaction but tried to control it once he saw the angry glare she was giving.

"Sorry," he put his hands up in surrender but the laugh was still there. "It was wrong of me, I mean we were only drunk the first two times, right? The last time we..."

"That's it, I am ignoring your existence from now on," Caroline gently pushed him and walked towards the Red Bull garage.

"I was just messing with you Care," he yelled.

"Don't call me Care," she turned around for a split second and yelled back, causing him to laugh one for time.

Lewis had a smile plastered on his face as he watch Caroline walk away, failing to realize how he enjoys every conversation and interaction with her.

***

Caroline left the hospitality area as soon as Max and Kelly stepped in, not wanting to be in the same room as the couple after Max told her his plans of breaking up with his girlfriend.

Max shot her a smile but she just ignored it and left, dampening his mood and Kelly was quick to notice that.

Caroline was soon greeted by Eloise and Florence, the latter one is excited to witness the Monaco Grand Prix.

"Guess what?" the model smiled brightly. "Daniel just invited me to his party tonight."

"It's more like she invited herself and he had no way to saying no," Eloise replied, looking annoyed.

"Great!" Caroline side with fake enthusiasm. "Well, I have to get ready for the race and..."

"Where is Max? I want to wish him good luck before the race," Florence looked around.

"Haven't seen him," Caroline lied before sharing a look with Eloise who wants to get away as soon as possible. "Why don't you..."

"I will just go look for him," Florence said to her friends before giving them a quick hug and then leaving to find Max.

Once again Caroline shared a look with Eloise as they both headed to her driver's room.

"Ugh! I am starting to hate her," Eloise huffed.

"Shh! She will hear you," Caroline warned her friend.

"Let her," Eloise shrugged. "I feel like she is going to cause trouble for us."

***

Caroline cheered as she crossed the chequered flag, once again scoring a podium, finally breaking the Monaco curse.

"That's a double podium for us, Caroline, well done," Christian happily informed the driver.

"Amazing job everyone," she replied. "A great end to a great week."

As soon as she got out of the car she and Max ran towards each other and were engulfed in a hug, both happy and excited to share the podium.

"Good job guys," Lando interrupted them.

"You too Lando," Caroline patted his back, making him slightly blush. He too was happy to be on the podium and share it with Max and Caroline.

Max gave Lando a fist bump before heading over to his team where his girlfriend was also waiting for him. Kelly forced herself to smile and hug him but Max was too occupied to notice the look of sadness on her face that she is trying to hide, but Caroline noticed it and soon looked away.

Caroline turned away to head for a quick post race interview but only find herself face to face with Lewis who only managed to finish seventh.

"That was impressive," Lewis gave a proud look.

"I know," Caroline smirked. "One of my best races so far."

"You are doing so well in Red Bull, imagine what you can achieve in Mercedes," Lewis cautiously joked, not wanting to sound too obvious or give away his intentions.

"Yeah no," Caroline replied immediately, letting out a laugh. "I have no intentions of hearing 'Caroline, this is James, give up your position to Lewis' while racing. Now if you will excuse me, I have an interview and then have to go up the podium."

Lewis didn't know what to reply so he just gave a polite smile and stepped aside and Caroline walked past him.

Max was glaring at the seven time champion as Kelly was slowing coming to realization about her boyfriend's feelings and Caroline was too excited to notice the mess that is brewing around her.

**********

A/N: So no drama in this chapter. I love writing drama free chapters but also I am addicted to drama so...

Do you think Caroline should move to Mercedes?

What kind of teammates Care and Lewis will be?