56

Lewis x Caroline ending

4 years later

Leila cheered along with her father as they both watched Caroline cross the checkered flag. Everyone in the Mercedes garage cheered and celebrated as their driver managed to win the championship.

Lewis picked up Leila in his arms and both made their way out of the garage and went to see Caroline.

Caroline did a short interview after getting out of the car and hugging her team. Her smile got even brighter once Lewis and Leila came into view.

"There are my lucky charms," Caroline went over and hugged them. She kissed Lewis and lifted Leila up her arms.

"Did you enjoy the race?" She asked her daughter.

Leila nodded and just hugged her mother, feeling a little shy since everyone is looking at them.

"You were amazing," Lewis smiled as he kissed her again. "Leila and I are very proud of you."

Caroline couldn't help but smile.

Soon she was called up to the podium and she handed Leila to Lewis.

"I will be back in a few minutes, okay baby?" Caroline kissed Leila's cheek.

"Okay," Leila softly said and nodded

Caroline made her way up to the podium and Lewis put Leila on his shoulder as they joined the crowd so that she could have a clear view of her mother.

The four year old clapped her hands excitedly as Caroline received her trophy. Everyone around them can't help but admire the happy family.

***

"What are you two talking about?" Lewis asked as he joined Caroline and Leila on the bed.

The four year old was ready to go to sleep but had been talking non stop since coming back to the hotel room.

"Tell him," Caroline smiled at her daughter and then looked at Lewis

"I also want to drive fast cars," Leila excitedly said as she sat up.

"You want to be a formula one driver like your mom and dad?" Lewis asked as he slightly tickled her.

"Yes," Leila laughed as she fought to get herself away from Lewis and went to sit on Caroline's lap. "And I am going to win, just like mom did today."

Caroline gently ran her fingers through Leila's curls which she inherited from her father.

"Then you have to start karting," Lewis said. "And train very hard."

After half an hour of talking Leila finally fell asleep in Caroline's arm and she carefully placed her in the middle of the bed.

"Our future champion," Lewis smiled as he looked at Caroline and then kissed Leila's forehead.

"I fear for the day when she will start racing," Caroline said honestly.

"She will be fine," Lewis replied. "Besides, she is only four years old. We have a lot of time in our hands."

Caroline gave him a soft smile and nodded before pulling him for a kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Care."

**********

THE END

(2 bonus AU chapters ahead)