21

Caroline cringed as Daniel took the mic and started to show off his horrible karaoke skills and everyone around them cheering and dancing. A part of her wanted to stay home and relax after the race weekend but she was also in the mood to party and her friends wouldn't have let her stay at home.

She was too busy dancing to notice Max and Kelly arriving.

Max's eyes immediately found Caroline, reminding him that he has to break off his current relationship with Kelly to pursue the girl he truly has fallen for. Kelly was no fool and has already sensed that her relationship with Max is at risk and deep down she knows the reason and waiting for the inevitable.

"Your teammate doesn't look happy," Eloise yelled as music blasted, pointing at Max.

Caroline turned and saw an annoyed and grumpy look on Max. Luckily he was looking in another direction and didn't notice Caroline looking at him but Kelly did. She shot Caroline a polite smile and took Max's hand before looking away and following him into the crowd.

"Yeah, but it's Max so I am not surprised," Caroline half joked making Eloise chuckle.

Caroline was relieved that Max didn't break up with Kelly like he has informed her earlier and hoping he will somehow forget about his growing feelings towards her or the kiss they shared. She doesn't want any other complication in her life as she has already started to develop feelings for someone else and it's really scaring her.

"Where is Flo?" Eloise asked as she looked around for her friend. "I swear she was right here."

"I think she went to get a drink...or find someone to flirt with."

***

Everyone was a little shocked to see Lewis at the party as he rarely attends any parties with his fellow drivers and is not close to them. A little smirk played at the edge of his lips as he looked around, knowing that his presence has made everyone stop their activities and look at him. He looked around for the girl he was there for but she was not within his sight as she was at the other side of the yacht dancing and enjoying the drink in her hand.

He had a quick chat with everyone who approached him as he didn't want to make it obvious that he was only there for Caroline. After a while, he found her, and immediately a smile appeared on his face.

Caroline gasped when she noticed Lewis walking towards her, definitely not expecting to see him at the party.

"What are you doing here?" she asked as he stood in front of her.

"I had nothing better to do so..." he replied, eyes fixated at her.

"Really? Cause it feels like you are stalking me," Caroline let out a nervous laugh.

"Why would I stalk you when I already see you every race weekend?" Lewis questioned as he gave her a teasing look.

"Well..I am not in the mood to argue tonight so...do you want to dance?" Caroline offered her hand which surprised Lewis a bit as she is usually pretty stubborn and doesn't accept his company easily but was not going to question it and gladly took her hand.

The pair happily danced around each other and everyone was too occupied to notice them except for one person.

"I came to this party just for you Caroline," Lewis whispered in her ears making her slightly blush.

***

Once again Max felt jealousy and anger boiling inside him as he glared at his rival and the girl he has feelings for was dancing and being too close to his liking. He finished his drink and aggressively put the glass on the table before standing up.