55

Lewis x Caroline ending

"Are you ready for your first race Leila?" Lewis brightly smiled as he tickled his one year old daughter. She was already dressed in a cute purple outfit and was patiently waiting for her mom to get ready.

"Are you ready to see your dada win, baby?" Caroline asked as Lewis gently tickled the toddler again, making her laugh.

Leila crawled away from Lewis but she was still laughing, enjoying her time with her father.

"She is ready," Lewis said proudly as he picked her up.

Caroline was almost done as Lewis played with his daughter.

This is the first time Leila will be attending a race and Caroline was beyond nervous. Obviously, she will be with her daughter all the time but she has no idea how others will react or how Leila will react to a big crowd.

"She will be fine," Lewis assured her as he noticed the nervousness on Caroline's face. He placed a kiss on her cheek to calm her down.

"I hope so," Caroline replied with a soft smile.

***

From the moment the happy family got out of the car all eyes were glued to them, some had happy and exciting looks and some were envious. Leila was securely and comfortably in Lewis' arms as she curiously looked around.

As soon as Lewis, Caroline and Leila scanned their passes and entered the paddock everyone gasped in surprise. This is the first time the driver has brought his daughter to a race and in front of public eyes and cameras.

All the camera flashes scared Leila so she buried her face in Lewis' chest, not giving a clear view to the photographers. Lewis also covered her face with his hand in a protective manner.

"I think it will be best if I don't bring her out of the hospitality or the garage," Caroline suggested. "She doesn't seem to like the cameras."

Lewis nodded in agreement as they both checked on their daughter to see if she was okay.

"Maybe this was a bad idea," Lewis mumbled.

"Too late now," Caroline shot him a comforting smile.

Lewis smiled back before kissing Leila on top of her head.

***

"Oh my God!" Charles Leclerc gasped as he jogged towards the family. "Is that baby Hamilton?"

Leila recognized the familiar voice and turned her head to see the Ferrari driver approaching.

"Look Leila, it's uncle Charles," Caroline smiled and pointed at the driver.

Leila excitedly clapped her hands and smiled brightly, making the three laugh.

"She loves me," Charles said proudly as he hugged Caroline and fist bumped Lewis. "But why is she not wearing red to support her favorite uncle?" He fake pouted and gently poked Leila's cheek.

"Because she is here to support her dad and watch him win," Caroline replied.

"Dada," Leila once again smiled and looked back at her father, holding his face with her two tiny hands.

"She just said something," Charles' eyes went wide. "Is that normal for babies?"

"She started saying a couple of words a month ago," Lewis laughed.