11

"What the hell is he doing?" Caroline yelled in frustration as Valtteri Bottas has once again tried to push her off the track. Max went for his pit stop which gave Lewis the lead and now both her and Valtteri are fighting for P2, both going back and forth, losing and gaining the position many times.

Max came out of the pit lane and is now P7, a little far to help Caroline race both the Mercedes. Valtteri received orders to keep Caroline away and to stop her from gaining the second position because once Max gets closer she will happily give up her position to him and he will go on and win the race.

Caroline managed to overtake him but it was a wheel-to-wheel battle and he tried to take back his position, leaving very little space in between the two cars, meanwhile, Lewis was getting further away and Max only gained one position.

"Has he gone blind?" Caroline was starting to get angry and she was done playing nice. She too started to attack back and which made Valtteri pull away a little. And just like Caroline he also started complaining.

Both the drivers were informed that Max is getting closer and Valtteri had no option but to gain back P2 from Caroline. He once again tried to overtake her at the next turn but felt very little space in hops that she will pull away to avoid a collision but only the opposite happen.

The Red Bull and the Mercedes made contact and both cars went off the track. The Mercedes was able to get back on track after a few struggles but by that time Max move past and was right behind Lewis. However, Caroline was not that lucky and was forced to get out of the race as her car had too much damage.

***

"Bottas received a ten-second time penalty," Christian Horner informed Caroline as she joined him at the pit wall.

"Doesn't matter," Caroline shrugged as she took the seat next to him and put on the headset. "He is P18 now and there is no way he will move up to score points on time so the time penalty is pretty useless now," she said with anger lacked in her voice.

Christian nodded in agreement.

With only a few laps to go, Max was closing the distance between him and Lewis and Mercedes was not happy when Lewis complained that he is starting to struggle with his tires.

"He can do this," Caroline prayed as Max tried to overtake the Mercedes but Lewis is defending too well.

Max tried again but didn't succeed.

"Tell him to get closer," Caroline said to Christian, reminding him of the strategy she suggested yesterday. "Lewis will back out to avoid collusion and Max can overtake."

"Are you sure?" Christian looked at her. "It seems risky."

"Trust me, Lewis would rather end up P2 than be out of the race," Caroline confidently said.

Christian thought for a few seconds and nodded.

"Max, Caroline thinks we should try plan C," he informed the driver.

"Plan C?" Max questioned. "Caroline's plan C? She is sure?"

"Hundred percent sure," Caroline said through the radio. "Trust me it will work."

"Okay," Max slightly smiled under the helmet and started to race according to plan.

Lewis was the one getting frustrated now as it was becoming very hard for him to defend his position. Max did as Caroline suggested yesterday at the briefing and Lewis has no choice but to back out which gave Max the opportunity to move past him.

"It worked!" Caroline happily clapped her hands and even hit Christian in excitement. "Sorry."

Christian let out a laugh and shook his head before moving his focus back on the race.

Lewis was not happy to lose his lead and was complaining that it was not a fair move from his opponent. To Lewis and Mercedes' disappointment, there was no investigation and no penalty was handed to Max. They were even more disappointed when after a couple of laps max won the race.

***

As soon as Max got out of the car he ran to Caroline who was standing there with the team and hugged her. Caroline laughed and happily hugged him back.

"You won," she cheered.

"Your plan worked," he laughed before he went to hug the rest of the team.

Lewis got out of his Mercedes and took off his helmet. Caroline's bright smile slightly faded when she noticed the disappointed look on him. He was clearly not happy to finish second. He looked around and met her eyes. His expression didn't change as he looked at her for a few seconds before turning to meet his team.

Caroline shrugged it off. It was racing and there can only be one winner and she was happy it was Max.

She stood there and cheered with the team as Max got up on the podium.

"Plan C huh?" Valtteri came and stood next to Caroline.

Caroline rolled her eyes as her anger resurfaced. She would have been on the podium with Max if it wasn't for Valtteri.

"Go away," she snapped.

"You know we both could have been up on the podium right now," he smirked, clapping his hands as the trophies were handed.

"Yeah, but thanks to you we are down here," she glared at him. "You really are Mercedes' puppet aren't you? You have no problem taking yourself out of a podium or a race to help Lewis."

Valtteri chuckled as he leaned closer. "You and I are not much different Caroline, you will realize it very soon."

Before Caroline can reply back he walked away, leaving her even angrier.

**********

A/N: Thoughts on Caroline and Valtteri?

Caroline's plan helped Max, how do you think Lewis will react once he finds out?

I honestly have no idea where this story is going. Right now all the ideas for this story are very messy. One idea is making Caroline end up with Valtteri LOL!!!

Feel free to send some crazy ideas for this story. I want to make is it dramatic as possible.

Hope I don't have to discontinue this story.