50

Lewis x Caroline ending

A/N: okay so in this ending Caroline didn't sleep with Valtteri because Lewis will kill him and end up in jail (or worse, expelled)

**********

Lewis was caught off guard when he noticed Caroline walking towards him. Of course she didn't notice him as she was busy handling her shopping bags. He thought she was in Mykonos for vacation with her friends and Max, but here she is in New York, right in front of his eyes. 

Caroline cursed as two of the bags slipped through her fingers and as she was trying to manage them her phone slipped through her hand too. She bent down to pick up her things and was disappointed to find that her phone screen broke. As she was examining her phone someone started helping her pick up the rest of the stuff. 

"Thank you but…" She stopped and felt her heart skip a beat as soon as she noticed the familiar tattoos on the stranger's hand. She looked up to see it was none other than Lewis. 

"Hello Caroline," Lewis smiled. 

Caroline was too shocked to see him. She didn't expect to run into him in the streets of New York. 

"Lewis.." She gave a small smile. 

Both stood up but Lewis didn't hand over the rest of the bags to her as her hands were already full. 

"I didn't expect to see you here in New York," Caroline said. "Are you stalking me again?" She joked. 

"No," Lewis chuckled and shook his head. "It's just a coincidence…like the times…"

"I don't believe in coincidence," Caroline interrupted. "Not anymore."

"And I take full blame for it," Lewis replied. "What are you doing here in New York? I thought you were in Mykonos."

"I was," Caroline gave him a small smile. "But I was feeling a little left out and my dad was also not feeling well so I decided to come here to see him..and do a lot of shopping."

Lewis nodded. 

"And now you are roaming around alone?"

"Don't judge," Caroline rolled her eyes. "You are alone too."

"Since we are both alone, how about we have dinner together?" Lewis confidently suggested, but was almost sure that she was going to decline. 

Caroline thought for a few seconds as Lewis lost hope. 

"Sure," She smiled. "Let's have dinner…I mean what's the harm in that right?"

***

Caroline helped Lewis prepare their dinner in his penthouse as they both made small talks. They were supposed to have dinner at a nice restaurant but some already clicked photos of them talking on the street earlier and within minutes it got a lot of attention so both decided it is not a good idea to go out and attract more attention. 

Caroline once again remembered how natural it feels to spend time with Lewis. She missed that feeling very much. 

"Feels like nothing has changed," Lewis said, there was a hint of sadness in his voice as they finished their dinner. 

"And yet everything has changed," Caroline gave a small smile. 

Lewis nodded in agreement. 

"Do you think we would have still been together if… you know…"

"Yes," Caroline replied. "We would have been so happy…"

"God I was such an idiot," Lewis sighed as he looked away. Caroline was sitting so close to him yet it felt like she was so far away. 

"Stop feeling guilty about it," Caroline softly said as she placed her hand on top of his and gave it a gentle squeeze. "I already forgave you."

Lewis looked at her hand and then at her face, wanting very badly to pull her closer and kiss her. And unknown to him, Caroline was also feeling the same. 

"But I can't forgive myself," Lewis softly said. "I tried but…I hate myself for what I did, I hate myself for ruining our wonderful relationship.." His voice broke as he looked at her hand that was still on top of his. 

"Don't talk like that," Caroline got up from her seat and got closer to him. She gently placed her hand on his cheek, making him look at her. "It's all in the past and neither of us can change any of it."

She felt a pull towards him like she felt months ago before they started dating and Lewis also felt the same. Both can almost predict what is going to happen next. 

Lewis held her hand that was touching his cheek and tilted his head slightly to place a kiss on it. 

"I have to go Lewis," Caroline reluctantly said as she very well knows what will happen if she stays any longer. 

"Don't…" Lewis pleaded with his eyes. 

Caroline shook her head and gave him a sad smile. She placed a short yet gentle kiss on his lips. 

"Goodbye Lewis," She said, trying to hold back her tears. 

Lewis wanted to beg her and ask her to stay but he couldn't find the words, not after the gentle kiss which he had desired for so long. 

Caroline moved away from him and looked away, because one more second and she will give in but she is too scared to do that. She didn't say another word as she walked out the door. 

**********

A/N: what do you think? They will have a happy or sad ending?

Thoughts on this chapter?