vii. 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐫

"Who are you? Who are you? Who are you?" Eli panicked when he woke up, eyes widened as he was in a place he hadn't know, a man leaning over him and examining the gash on his cheek

"Eli, hello. Calm down for me, i'm Doctor D-" the man began before he was cut off.

"Scott! Scott!" he called, remember he'd been the last person he was with.

"Eli!" Scott called, his voice weaker.

"He's awake!" Deaton spoke as Scott hurried into the back room, eyes falling onto the boy laid across the metal table.

"Where am I?" Eli asked with a panicked face.

"You're okay. This is my boss, and my friend, he's good at this stuff." Scott put a hand on his shoulder as he looked at the man, "You've got a cut on your face, he's just gotta switch your bandages."

"My mom-" Eli began.

"She's at the hospital with my dad and the sheriff, she's okay." Scott reassured him, hand still on his shoulder while Deaton took the small bandage off Eli's face.

"And Liam?" Eli gave a worried look, "Did you find him?"

"No, but the woman over the Beserkers, those things on the road that killed Garrett, she's got Violet and Violet knows where Liam is." Scott spoke quickly, his eyes flickered toward Eli's wound, "I have to do this on my own. The Beserkers, Kate, they're strong. They're gonna hurt you."

Eli frowned as he looked down, "He's my best friend."

"I know." Scott thought of what he'd do if this was Stiles, "I'm gonna find him. But I have to keep you safe too."

Eli look up at him with a sigh, pulling his fingers, "Okay."

Once again, he was a ridiculously good liar.

Deaton let Eli go, getting a thank you from the boy as he walked from the clinic with a pack of bandages. Eli, suppose to be going home, took off into the woods. He ignored the terrible headace be was taking with him, leaving to the place Mason had said Liam disappear to.

The light from his phone shined as he walked, shivering from the cold. Eli thought about how he could turn back, walk away and go get warm somewhere. Scott was a Alpha Werewolf, he knew what he was doing and was probably a lot better at it then Eli was. Yet, he continued on, looking around in search of Liam, hoping to find anything that lead him back to him.

A echo went though the air, possibly a passing car. Eli froze, letting it bounce off his eardrums as the all too different noise filled up his brain. If It was a yell, a howl, definitely not a passing car. Eli took his chances on sprinting the way he came, following the noise and hoping it had been Liam and not some other creature ready to devour him any minute now.

Eli hunched over, taking deep and ragged breaths. Spending so much time on the bench had him beyond out of shape, nearly dying after running for not even an entire five minutes. A rustle came from behind him, like someone had been running. Panic set in as Eli took off in a sprint once again, looking over his shoulder as he ran.