xlvii. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

"What on earth?" Eli gapped as he looked up at the ceiling

"What on earth?" Eli gapped as he looked up at the ceiling. "Why do I kinda wanna take a picture of it?"

"Eli." Liam sighed.

"That's how he got in?" Corey asked, holding the same expression.

"What is it?" Liam asked, staring at the black, vine like, marking on the wall.

"It's a point of impact from a lightening strike." Mason informed each of them. "Usually you'll find charred spots like that on the ground after a violent thunderstorm."

"Yeah." Eli gapped. "That's where i've seen it from. One was on the street in Sweden once. My dad made a joke and said it was a portal to a new demention, scared me half to death."

"That's how the ghost rider got in." Scott gapped. "The lightening."

"If they can use lightning to get past the mountain ash..." Liam trialed off with a frightened look.

"Then we're not protected at all." Eli confirmed.

"What about the others?" Corey asked quickly. "It's my fault they're marked."

"We'll find a way to protect them." Scott reassured him quickly. "All of them."

"I should get to Malia." Eli nodded his head. "Find Lydia on the way."

"Good idea." Scott nodded, holding his shoulder. "You wanna take my bike?"

Eli froze, looking back at him with a smirk. "Are you joking me?"

"God, I had when he says that." Mason inhaled.

"I drove you here, you need some type of way to get around." Scott held the keys out. "Do not wreck it."

"I'll take very good care of-" he tripped over his feet, standing up quickly as if he hadn't fallen. "I'll take very good care of her."

Liam watched him go. "Hope you have insurance."

"Someone shot my girlfriend?" Eli ran into the hospital when he smelt Malia, seeing Melissa trying to remove it while Chris was struggling. Malia was clearly in a lot of pain.

"Eli!" she cried out for him.

"Good, you're here." Melissa panted in relief. "Keep her calm, and still."

"Hey, hey." Eli turned her face to look at him, he grabbed her hands. "It's okay, i'm gonna help. Is it okay? If I used my thing?"

"Yeah, yeah, do your Eli thing." she panted in pain.

He squeezed his eyes shut, thinking hard before opening them. The shade of green shined down into her eyes, immediately relaxing her. Eli grabbed her hands tighter, his veins turning black as he took her pain as Melissa dug deeper.

"Got it." she confirmed, pulling it out as Eli blinked away his eyes, taking a little bit more of her pain before exhaling, letting her go.

"Thanks." Eli nodded to Melissa, his arm going under Malias legs and the other around her back to lift her up. "Hate to ruin the fun, but we have somewhere to be."