xxvii. 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬

Eli was attempting to flip through the pages of the Dread Doctor book that everyone had received, the guys in mask, via Malia, finally falling into place after Scott had figure it all out

Eli was attempting to flip through the pages of the Dread Doctor book that everyone had received, the guys in mask, via Malia, finally falling into place after Scott had figure it all out. Eli leaned across his bed, grasping his phone as he calling Malia. He kept his finger on the page he was struggling to understand, listening to the line right.

"Hello?"

Eli blinked at the voice. He was silent a second before it sounded again. "Eli?"

"Theo?" Eli asked in confusion, getting off his bed and nearly tripping on his shirt on the floor. "Why do you have Malias phone?"

"She's driving right now. Didn't want to risk a wreck." Theo said from the other line. "Hang on, i'll put you on speaker."

A second passed before Malias voice came through. "Hey, E."

"You're driving?" Eli asked, sitting on the edge of his bed and bouncing his leg. "Why are you with Theo? Did you pick him up? Are you in your car?"

He could heard Theo laugh. "He's a sweet kid."

"And weird." Malia admitted. "We were studying at school. Are you alright?"

"Where are you guys going? Do you want me to come me to come meet you?" Eli continued in, throwing his phone down and pulling the tee shirt over his head.

"We're just practicing right now." Malia said back, she could hear his heart beat through the speaker. "What's wrong with you?"

Eli paced. "I just-"

He wanted to trust Theo, but with Malia, alone, he didn't like it.

"I'm gonna come to your house tonight, remember?" Malia asked over the other line. "I'm driving there now. You have to help me with my math homework."

"Yeah, but, are you safe to drive on the road? I have the car. I can swing by and grab you." Eli continued on quickly. He wanted her to say yes, to grab the keys and get her now.

"I'm almost there, your address is in the GPS." she called from the other line. "You're distracting me and i'm gonna wreck."

"I'm gonna wait outside for you." Eli hung up the phone, slipping on the plaid slippers and walking through the hallway. Adeline was on night shifts for the night, leaving him alone. Eli huffed, thinking about Theo with Malia. Super hot, super sweet, super nice hair, super hot body, Theo. He pulled the door open quickly, giving it a good slam as he walked outside. Eli flipped the porch light on, sitting on the steps as his leg bounced, waiting for any sight of the truck Theo drove.

There it was again.

The sound of a lock twisting. Eli looked at his phone, though it wasn't that. Eli stood up, looking out at the night. It heard again, echoing around in his ears, unaware of where it had been coming from. The Foxx boy opened up his house door again, going inside and looking out the window. His heart rate was speeding up, hitting his rib cage as he looked for anyone who had clearly been following him since the first day of school.

Eli's breath caught in his throat when he saw the same masked people, that he saw in the photograph, standing in his driveway. His breaths were ragged, never fully grasping a breath as he locked the door. He fumbled into his pockets quickly, his vision blurring from the panic he was in. The boy shook, hands barley unlocking his phone.

Once's his thumb hovered over the call button, a heavy weight on the back of his head knocked him out.

"Eli, are you still with us?" Scott asked, reaching over and touching his arm. The Foxx boy blinked, looking his way as they sat on the couch. "You alright?"

"Sorry." Eli apologized, looking down at the book in his hand, realizing everyone around the room was staring at him. "Sorry. Dozed off."

"Didn't get a lot of sleep?" Kira asked curiosity. "You've been zoning out all day."

Eli thought about it, he didn't even remember going to sleep last night. He stared at her a second before Malia cut in. "I'd be tired too if I was out all night."

"He did what?" Lydia looked over oddly.

"Stayed at Eli's house last night. No Eli, though." Malia said, giving her the cup of coffee.

"I never took you for the party type until I saw you stumbling out of Sinema." Theo threw a grin his way. "Completely out of your mind."

Scoff looked over. "You don't remember any of that?"

"I don't remember anything accept waking up and missing half my classes." Eli said honestly.

"Too much alcohol will do that to someone." Scott sighed as he rubbed his eyes. "Anyone feeling anything?"

"Tired." Kira admitted, staring at the book.

"Hungry." Lydia added.

"I think he meant the book." Theo pointed out. Malia looked at Eli, seeing him getting lost in his head again.

"Eli and I will make more coffee." she spoke, grabbing his arm and pulling him toward the kitchen. "You still look hunger over."

"I feel weird." Eli said, sitting down as Malia got the coffee pot. "Like, really weird."

"Yeah, I heard a hang over will do that." Malia pointed out, annoyance in her tone. "I just don't understand why you couldn't at least tell me you were going."

"No, but it doesn't make any sense. Why would I go? All I remember is walking outside to wait for you." Eli shook his head, standing up to get the coffee cups from the cabinets. "And then Theo let's me crash at his place for the night?"

"Look, you should have fun for often, really. But you scared the hell out of me." Malia turned his way with a strict look in her eye. It was better then her giving him the cold shoulder. "I don't know what made you want to go party, but don't do it again. I thought something bad happened to you."

Eli frowned as be looked down. "I'm sorry."

Malia sighed as she looked at his flushed, embarrassed face looking down. Eli cleared his throat. "I'm sorry that I wasn't there to listen to you talk about the accident. Did you remember all of it?"

She had told him this morning, after yelling about how stupid he was for disappearing, about the memory she got of the night her family was killed.

"It was like I was there again." Malia nodded, walking over to sit with him at the table, knees pressed together.

"Just the crash?" Eli looked in confusion.

Malia glanced into the living room, looking back at him. "Can I tell you the rest when we're alone?"

Eli nodded his head, his shoulder pressed to hers. Malias pinkie touched his. "Of course."

kylie speaks

this chapter is so bad
and so short like i feel
so weird about it and was
so distracted. next chapter
will be better!

 next chapterwill be better!