xxxi. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐞. 𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐞.

Eli strained his head over his shoulder, looking back in the mirror

Eli strained his head over his shoulder, looking back in the mirror. He stared at his shoulder blades, seeing the black rings circling them from the inside. He kept looking at it, as if it would go away, as if it would magically dissolve. Maybe he'd feel better if he could feel them, but he had no clue they were there unless he saw them. No one knew what they were, why they were put there, what it was doing for him.

"It's weird how in control you are." Malia sat on his bed, making him turn back to her. "You should be ripping everyone throat out, or trying to."

"I feel fine." Eli shook his head, taking his sweater back from the bed and pulling it over his head. "I'm just...waiting for something to happen. Something is weird."

"I know." she nodded his head, scanning over him once again. "Do you have control of your claws and eyes?"

He sat infront of her, shutting his eyes before opening then again, the golden color shining back her way. Malia smiled softly, watching as he shut his eyes, squeezing them real tight, then reopening them again to blink the chocolate brown shades again. "It only gets bad when i'm really upset or mad. Like that night, when they took me from the school. There was just so many emotions going on and it just came to me."

"Maybe it has to do with the circles." she nodded, talking about the unknown black orbits around his shoulder blades. "We're looking, we just can't find anything."

"We as in you and Theo." he rose an eyebrow. Malia gave a confusing look. "I know you guys are hanging out more. Are you guys trying to figure out stuff with me or is there something else going on?"

"We're talking about you." she spoke, but he heard her heart jump.

His eyes flickered to her chest. "Why are you lying to me?"

Malia huffed. "Forgot you do that now."

"If something else is going on, you can tell me." he promised, latching onto her hand. He squeezed, his strength so much more intense now, but he kept forgetting.

"Ow." she nodded to her hand. Eli let it go, rubbing her knee before putting his hands under his legs. "You know my Mom? The Desert Wolf."

Eli nodded his head, watching as Malia grabbed her backpack and pulled out pictures. "I'm trying to find her. Theo is helping me."

Eli looked at the photos of dead bodies, shadows, all thing leading back to her. "Why did you not want to tell me?"

"Eli, you just were turned into a Chimera." Malia gave him a weird look. "You should be worried about whatever else you are. Theo doesn't think you're just a werewolf, there's something else going on."

She was talking like she'd been angry at him.

"Yeah, but you could have still talked to me about this." he looked down at the photos.