xix. 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐧?

When it rains at an airport, right after the sun goes down, perhaps it was suppose to be creepy

When it rains at an airport, right after the sun goes down, perhaps it was suppose to be creepy. The way the water hit the roof, creating a eerie tapping sound that you might accociate with someone tapping at your door, taunting you even though you both know they know how to get in. Or maybe the many people, finding their bags, dashing out to the rain for their cars or taxis, was worse. Holding your breath, ready to watch them slip on the tears of mother nature. The chatter is what scared most, he'd assumed. Listening to every conversation at once, having them all run together like a wave from one of California's largest oceans.

But maybe, if you were Eli Foxx, non of that scared you anymore after what you've seen.

Eli, spending the last month of summer in Sweden with his dad, waited outside under the thin covered area, a brown and beige plaid jacket held tight around his arms. His mom was working this Sunday, offering to swing by and grab him. But the airport was an hour and a half away from Beacon Hills, putting her off the job. Eli insisted he'd find a way back, saying he'd call Stiles, the sheriffs son. Adeline knew Stiles well by now, after spending so much time with his father, after all.

What Eli didn't expect was to not see the familiar blue jeep. He'd missed it, secretly. He missed being smooshed in the back with Liam and Malia, how it always seemed to shut down before they reached the destination. Eli was taken off guard when he saw a royal blue Toyota Prius, driven by the one and only, Lydia Martin.

"Hey there." Lydia rolled the window down when she rolled up next to him, a grin across her lips. Lydia, as she always was, looked the same. She'd taken care of her skin over the summer so it wouldn't get damage with early wrinkles or sun spots, kept her hair healthy and trimmed, most definitely sticking to the same deep rose lipstick. Eli, on the other hand, did look a big different when she rolled the window down to take a look at him. His skin had a bronzed glow to it, his hair grown out a bit more then usual and seemed a few shades lighter, almost honey like, rather then it's usual chestnut brown, still having the faint strawberry tint in certain lighting, and while he didn't wear lipstick like she did, his lips had a shine to it. A chapstick, chocolate flavored.

"You're not Stiles." Eli smirked as he looked through her window. "Sorry, i'm not suppose to take rides from strangers. That's safety 101, Lydia, I can't believe you don't know this. I'm so disappointed in you."

"Get in before you make me late." she cracked a grin, leaning over and opening the door for him. Eli loaded his three bags into the backseat before getting into the front, pulling the door shut. Lydia turned the heater on more for him, looking over with a grin. "How was Sweden?"

"Sweden was good." Eli nodded as she began to drive off, leaving California's airport in the rearview mirror. "Now i'm just ridiculously jet lagged and never wanna get on a plane again after spending fifteen hours on one."

Lydia reached over and rubbed his head. "Well, stay away, junior year is tomorrow and you don't wanna be too tired before the days over."

"Summer went by too quick." Eli said honestly, his bag rattled from the backseat when they hit a small bump in the road, the rain beating down on the car. He looked over at her as she drove "I didn't even get to go see horses with you again."