LX. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐬

ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓒𝓛◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE—
that's my way of calling you a dumbass.

"I can smell your anxiety." Liam cringed as he looked at Eli.

"Sorry, I put extra cologne now to try and mask it." Eli looked at him in embarrassment. "I'm worried about Brett."

Liam pulled the arrow from the tee, pointing in the exact route it seemed to fire. "Here."

They walked forward as Liam grasped something from the ground. "I think he set a trap."

"He is a smart one when he wants to be." Eli admitted honestly.

"He's fighting back." Scott looked over at him.

"And now we know he's alive." Lori nodded hopefully, relieved he'd been okay. "But he's still hurt. We need to find him, he needs to know we're here."

Malia stopped her. "You want the hunter to know we're here, too?"

"Maybe I can do my thing on him, relax him enough so we can steal Brett back." Eli inhaled with a hopeful nod. "Maybe it would work."

"It wouldn't work." Malia disagreed. "Nope."

"Fine, nope." he sulked as she rubbed the back of his head.

"He's new." Liam took Loris side. "We can take him."

"What if Brett howls back? We'll lead the hunter right to him." Malia gave him a judgement look.

"No, we can find him first." Scott said it confidently as he looked to Eli. "You've gotten good at transforming, right? If it comes down to it, you can go that route and then do your thing to weaken the hunter. There's no human that can track sound faster then we can. We've got the advantage, we've done this before. We know what we're doing, guys!"

Eli hated to admit it, but Theo would have been a great help in this situation. He didn't know anyone that tracked as good as he had. Considering Theo did practically watch his every move for a few months.

"How come I can't catch his scent?" Malia shifted her nose up, nudging Eli as he shook his head in agreement.

"He's masking it." Lori told her in return.

"Can someone tell him not to?" she huffed in annoyance.

"I can glow and you can make a signal through a shadow." Eli looked at his girlfriend with raised eyebrows. "How's that sound?"

"Yeah, you're already glowing." she grasped his face to look at the green glow of his eyes. "I thought you had that in control?"

"Usually, but it's been an emotional day." Eli blinked a lot of times and mentally focused hard enough to contain it.

"He went this way!" Liam took off quickly.

"I think he went that way!" Eli trusted his best friend as he ran after him.

"Guess he went that way." Malia ran behind him in return. They ran until Liam stopped, making Eli run into the back of him and flip to the ground. Malia pulled him to hie feet quickly. "The trailed gone."

"Uh, maybe he just stopped bleeding." Scott looked for a more hopefully scenario.

"Yeah, now it's my blood." Eli winced as he pulled a stick out of his palm.

"I think we should split up." Liam looked around.

"Spoken like every dead person to exist." the Foxx boy rolled his eyes at his words.