xxv. 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞

"Tracy wasn't just having trouble sleeping

"Tracy wasn't just having trouble sleeping. It was a real disorder. It was night terrors." Lydia explained the next morning as they all crowded around Stiles' jeep.

"Well, now she's the night terror but since no one can find her..."Stiles trialed off knowingly.

"Okay, I know we're all tired and miserable." Scott explained, looking around the group before his eyes fell onto a beaming Mason. "Except you."

"Mason." Eli whispered, motioning toward his grin of joy. "Wrong facial expression, dude."

"Oh, i'm sorry. This is all just mind blowing." Mason explained as his eyes darted around the small circle before looking at Kira. "You're a Kitsune. I don't even know what that is."

"I'm still learning." Kira admitted with a forced smile.

"Liam, we said you could tell him. Not invite him to the inner circle." Stiles huffed in the Dunbar boys direction.

"I'm in the inner circle?" Masons eyes widened, pointing to himself.

"No." Liam and Stiles spoke on sync.

"I didn't even know I was promoted to inner circle." Eli's eyes widened as he looked around.

"Guys, back to Tracy. She's just one lone wolf." Scott grasped their attention again as he looked around the group. "We can find her."

"One lone, serial killing, wolf." Malia pointed out as she leaned forward some.

"She only killed one person." Stiles defended her in the slightly. "The other two were mauled."

"And very bloody, like, crime scene on Law and Order worthy." Eli shrugged his shoulders, yanking the collar of one of Malias hoodies he had borrowed for the day.

"What do we do when we catch her?" Stiles spoke the obvious.

"I say we put her down." Malia looked in Scott's direction. Eli threw an eyebrow raise toward the alpha, everyones eyes darting his way as well.

"Intense." Mason nodded with wide eyes.

"Mason." Eli sighed as he threw his hands up. "I said you'd be cool."

"You did say he'd be cool and you completely lied." Stiles rose his eyebrows in his direction. "As if your whole out burst last night wasn't enough."

"Don't even start with me, I don't wanna deal with you." Eli rolled his eyes, waving his hand in Stiles direction to get him to back off.

"Guys, let's concentrate on catching her first." Scott gave one more knowing look, mainly looking at Malia. "We'll figure the rest out later."

Eli had grasped his AP Biology book from locker, and made his way toward the classroom. Something had felt weird since he left his friends, something that lingered. He kept looking over his shoulder, eyes darting around the hallways to see if someone had been staring at him. It was weird, like his insides were sinking.