xxix. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐲𝐞𝐥𝐥

"We're betting our lives on these?" Malia asked in disbelief, grabbing the cables Parrish brought in the back of Lydia's car

"I think we're beating Hayden's life on them." Lydia corrected her.

"Well, poor Hayden." Eli said, getting a look from Lydia. "Sorry."

"Well, i'm glad I brought my gun." Parrish shook his head, reaching for the bag in the backseat.

"I stole my moms taser." Eli pulled it from his pocket with a half grin. "She doesn't even know."

"You wanna tase men in metal suits and mask?" Malia cleared her throat as she looked at him. "You're suppose to be the smart one."

"Incase a Chimera comes after us." Eli corrected her with a knowing look. "I still am the smart one, thank you."

They went into the school, placing the cables in different parts of the school before Eli had made his way back to the locker room. Looking around, his eyes fell on Hayden and Liam, sat together on one of the benches. He watched them a second, not looking away until Hayden met his eye. Scott found his gaze. "You're not staying with Malia?"

"She thinks I should be in here." Eli said, his voice catching Liam's attention as he turned to him. "I brought a taser."

"He brought a taser." Lydia nodded with a small hum, a point to her finger. "To tase chimeras, apparently."

Eli hurried to look at Hayden. "Not you. Of course, not you."

Liam stood up and walked his way with a weird look. "You're part of the plan?"

"Of course i'm part of the plan." Eli shook his head.

"You're human." Liam shook his head.

Eli rose his eyebrows. "Thank you, Liam, I didn't know."

"You know what I mean." the Dunbar boy sighed with a knowing look. "I don't know what's gonna happen."

"That's why I have my taser." Eli held it up with a half grin. "You fool."

Liam gave a grin, looking back at Hayden. "Can I tell you something?"

"What? About your cheesy enemies to lovers plot line?" Eli nodded toward Hayden, who was analyzing herself in the mirror, a smirk Liams way. "Maybe go try and make sure she doesn't freak out, with the whole, chimera thing."

"You really think it's cheesy?" Liam scratched the back of his neck.

"Go." Eli waved him off, walking over and sitting next to Lydia. She looked his way. "I don't wanna leave Malia out there alone."

"I'm assuming she'll be okay with the whole coyote thing." Lydia gave a sarcastic nod. "Just a guess though."

"Yeah, but they really scared her last time." Eli looked at Lydia with a knowing look. "She won't let me stay with her though."