xxxv. 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭

"Hey

"Hey." Malia crawled into her bed, Eli laid in it late that night. He blinked over at her as she scanned his face. "I can have Scott come pick you up."

"No." he said back with a small nod of his head. "I'm gonna stay here with you. Whatever you're gonna face, i'm gonna do it with you."

Malia cracked a grin. "Guess I keep forgetting that you're just as strong as I am now."

"Not as strong." Eli corrected her with a minor grin, Malia laying onto the pillows more. "You worried?"

"About my mom?" Malia asked, making him nod. "Not really worried, just-"

"Anxious?" he cut her off with a knowing nod. "Let me remind you that i'm kinda an expert in that field of studies."

Malia laughed slightly, staring his way. "How do you make it stop?"

"Doesn't stop, but you can find ways to help it slow down." he nodded his head, reaching for her hand and placing it on her heart. "Feeling your heart reminds you that you're in more control then you think."

Malia took a breath. "How do you think you can control yourself so well on full moons?"

Eli shook his head. "Deaton thinks that i've been in control before I was even turned. Like, I found something to keep me human long before."

Malia nodded. "That's what Scott says too."

"I don't know if it makes total sense but..." he gave a minor shrug, whispering as they looking at each other. "I guess it does help to already find your anchor before you have to use it."

Malia nodded, giving him a smirk. "Too bad you weren't around when I first started changing."

Eli laughed. "Could have just came and stole me from my house."

"I should have." Malia joked as she grinned as well.

Scott driving away made the coast clear for Malia to shut the door, turning backwards to look at Eli, who was holding the man's arms tightly, Braeden his feet. "Get anything out of him?"

"Not yet." Braeden spoke. Malia grasped the man, pushing him against the shelves.

"You think you can make me talk?" he laughed in disbelief. "I'm an Spersnaz Soviet Special Forces. In battle, we kill our own wounded."

Eli watched the girls with risen eyebrows, the russian man gagging slightly as Braeden pushed into his neck more. "You could tear out my fingernails, cut my lips with razors. I'll still say nothing."

"Lucky for you, we don't have any razor blades." Eli mocked, leaning against the shelf next to him.

"Correct me if i'm wrong, but your section is out of work and broke, right?" Braeden practically yelled at him.