Chapter II: The Level Four

- Should you play with your mind, it will change the game...

"I can handle this, Fate. Just shut the fuck up and provide protection for this classroom."

Fate hurriedly cast a spell that surrounded the entire classroom with a rather force field that pulsates every second. Lucien vanished into the thin air afterward.

"A level two protection?? IS THAT ALL YOU CAN DO??" Someone shouted. " If that humanoid got here, WE'RE ALL DOOMED!! DO SOMETHING BETTER, FATE!!"

"Do you think this is easy for me?? Instead of blabbering shits, WHY DON'T YOU TRY HELPING ME?!" Fate replied with hatred. "Do you think there is no reason why I repeated this class for ALMOST TEN TIMES?!"

Everyone in the class, including the educator, enhanced Fate's level two protection spell. The force field seems to get thicker and thicker over time. With the help of everyone, the protection spell that Fate originally cast is almost impenetrable.

"Fate, you did a great job protecting us," the educator said. "Despite having limited magic energy, you still tried to protect us. My eyes never deceived me, Fate." Fate was somehow flattered by what the educator said to him, but deep down he's ashamed of himself for having a low-class skill, especially when he remembers how he repeated the same class nine times over.

"T-thank you, sir. I thought no one would believe that I have a potential..." Fate replied with a humiliated voice. "I can never forgive myself if everyone will die here because of me..." Tears slowly fall to Fate's cheeks. He immediately wiped it when someone noticed it.

Meanwhile, Lucien seems to have a hard time locating the level four Humanoid. Lucien headed to the main hallway of the academy, trying to track down the level four Humanoid and eliminate the threat it poses to everyone inside the academy once and for all.

"Tsk, where the hell is that bastard?" Lucien said. "I can feel its life aura but I still can't find the scumbag."

Try as she might, but Lucien still cannot track the humanoid. She already ran in circles but the humanoid seems like it plays hide and seek with her.

Lucien heard a scream just to the east of her, but when she headed to where she had heard the scream, there is no signs of the humanoid. No signs of the presence of students inside of every classroom she's headed to can be seen.

Lucien got annoyed running in circles. She's trying so hard but she still cannot pursue the threat. She exhausted herself and she needs to breathe, but she cannot stop now. Everyone will die if she did, including her class. Just a few seconds later, Lucien noticed something. Something she should've realized from the start. "Hmmm. This cannot be helped. I need to do something."

Lucien stopped running. She kneeled and placed her right palm on the ground. She closed her eyes afterward and chanted something.

"Kynigiso To Asyllipto," Lucien chanted. A burst of vibration has been released from the ground after Lucien chanted the spell. The vibration reverberated throughout the academy. It felt like an earthquake to everyone inside the academy.

(Kynigiso To Asyllipto, a spell chant used mostly by level three and level four sages that locate something by the use of vibration distributed to the ground. The vibration can reach up to 2 kilometers before the effect is decayed).

"Got you," Lucien exclaimed. She again vanished to the thin air. It seems like she finally located the threat that infiltrated the academy.

It turns out, Lucien used a teleportation spell that immediately teleports her to the place she wanted to. That will explain why she sometimes vanishes into the thin air.

Lucien appeared in a classroom. The door appears to be closed but it was destroyed. The windows appear to be broken, with glasses shattered. The walls are full of blood that drips to the floor. The floor is full of lifeless bodies. Some are beheaded, and some have their intestines hanging out from their stomach. Almost every student you'll see inside the classroom is brutally murdered, bodies mutilated, organs missing, drops of blood flooding their bodies, and some have their limbs missing.

Lucien finally found the threat. The level four Humanoid. The humanoid is standing about 1.75 meters tall, with a hollow eye socket. The humanoid is not capable of seeing. Its ears are pointed and it seems like it is sensitive to sound. Its teeth are sharp enough to grind the toughest of the bones in a matter of seconds with ease.

The humanoid is thin. Although it may appear feeble, it can lift the heaviest metals thanks to its bones which are tougher than diamond. It has four fingers, each has sharp nails about five inches long. Thanks to its unnatural composition, it can rip apart diamonds within a matter of seconds.

Its skins are rough it can wound a person's skin, and it appears to be poisonous due to a liquid substance that leaks out from its skin. The humanoid is also digitigrade, meaning it stands on its toes rather than it stands on its feet, and that makes the humanoid fast.

Lucien also noticed that it emanates strong magical energy capable of defeating soldiers level four or lower, although level fours can manage to defeat it when outwitted.

Lucien noticed a severely wounded student lying down on the floor, with his left leg missing. It was a miracle that he survived. "H-help m-m-me...I d-do-don't wanna d-die y-you-young..." the student begged. His clear, violet eyes were filled with desperation to live, and it begged for Lucien. The student cried in pain and agony as his right leg got crushed by rubble.

"Here, eat this," Lucien replied. She then gave something to the student that resembles a fruit as big as an apple. "Once you took a bite, do not stop. It will restore your limbs as you eat it. I will teleport you to a safe classroom. Once you arrived, eat the fruit I gave you."

Lucien then chanted a magic spell that teleported the student to the classroom where Fate is. The student vanished into the thin air and successfully teleported to the classroom where Fate is.

The humanoid growled and dropped the lifeless student it eats. The growl grew louder, depicting a hostile behavior.

"Seems like you enjoyed having a snack, huh," Lucien sarcastically said. "That'll be your last snack right there, okay?"

The humanoid leaped towards her. The humanoid then tried to slash Lucien with its claws. But Lucien vanished the moment it was near her.

"Tch, too slow," Lucien said. The humanoid attempted to slash her again but every time the humanoid attempted to, the humanoid just failed.

The humanoid grew tired over time. It seems like Lucien is toying with the humanoid. The cycle continued until the humanoid was rendered exhausted and unable to attack.

"Haha. What about your magic energy? Are you fool enough to not use it?" Lucien boastfully said. "I can't wait to see what you really got."

The humanoid snarled at Lucien and emanated its magical energy. The humanoid growled once again. One could assume that the humanoid is in its different form. The atmosphere became heavy, and everything looks distorted and warped.

"Terrain Asymmetry huh? NICE!!"

Something different is going on. Lucien changed from a cold-blooded person to an insane, manic girl. She hysterically laughed as she saw how the humanoid distorted the surroundings.

"THIS WILL BE FUNNNNNN!!!"

(Terrain Asymmetry is a magical spell that distorts the natural laws of your surroundings in a certain radius. It is the nightmare of Teran Knights, especially those whose level is level three and lower).

The bloodlust courses through Lucien's veins and lost her sanity. Her heart pounds on an adrenaline rush surging through her heart. This time, we have witnessed what Lucien is capable of.

As she saw the humanoid emerge from nowhere, she started drooling. She toyed with the humanoid and the Lucien we knew, continued to become crazy, manic, insane, and full of bloodlust.

"I wish we could have a date, BUT GOODBYE!! HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!"