Chapter X, Act III: Perception, Awareness

𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒓𝒊𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕'𝒔 𝑽𝒐𝒘...

     Three weeks had already passed, and Fate had the best training treatment everyone could only dream of.

     "Caeruleus is different. Expect that Caeruleus would push you to the limits if you are under him. That being said, I should be relieved once The Triplet's Vow took place, but I am still doubting myself. What if I get myself killed in the process? What if I will never have the chance to survive just the first Vow? That I don't know the answer of, and I am too afraid to seek the answer," he speculates.

     "Kid, come here," Caeruleus told Fate.

     "Isn't it nighttime already? As far as I am concerned, he would only call me if we'll have another training session, or if we'll have breakfast and dinner. I had my dinner already, and I am about to sleep. Something's off with him," Fate thinks.

     Fate went outside to respond. It was a very cold night. The breeze of the night could penetrate a sweater. He felt the cold wind blowing from the west, and he suddenly shivered. Fate is used to cold, but he is not used to this one.

     Fate continued walking slowly towards Caeruleus. Fate cannot do it any faster, his body is too exhausted to keep up. Besides, the wind tonight is too cold.

     Fate stood before Caeruleus, holding the pairs of sickles. he could barely fight the cold tonight, and he feels like he's about to loosen his grip.

     "Are you okay, kid?" Caeruleus asked Fate. "The night's too cold, isn't it?" he added.

     "Y-yeah," Fate responded as he shiver to the cold, making him stutter. "I am not used to this kind of cold."

     "I am afraid this is not the right time for you to trai-"

    "W-wait WHAT??" Fate shouted, interrupting Caeruleus, "I m-mean... we'll train tonight??"

    "Yes, kid, and I apologize for the untimely traini-"

     "N-no, no!" Fate interrupted once again, "It's totally fine. I really don't mind at all."

     "I'm glad you are willing to train despite the time being late, let alone the weather tonight."

     "..."

     "I should have said it earlier. Come, I will show you something."

     After that brief conversation, Caeruleus gave Fate his hand. Perhaps they'll go somewhere again. He took Caeruleus' hand immediately and grasped it

     Their location changed before Fate could even blink his eyes. They arrived at a somehow familiar place.

     It is a forest with tall, bulky trees standing before them. The leaves cover the light reflected by the moon, making the surroundings dark. Thanks to the flowers scattered around that emit a bright blue-ish white light, it gave the surroundings a light source. It dims a little bit at an interval and lights up again. The cycle repeats.

     "This place is familiar, yes?" Caeruleus asked Fate as he picks some kind of fragrant herbs. It smelled like that of roses.