Chapter XII: The Missing Half

- Once terror lurks, there's nowhere to hide...

     Just before Fate fell unconscious on the ground, the sickle he just threw made its way to Caeruleus' chest plate. It was something that gave Caeruleus chills that trickled down his spine. Their training has been successful.

     "Someday, Fate," Caeruleus whispered, "someday, you will eventually be at my level. It will be a long journey... but be rest assured that you'll eventually beat me."

     Caeruleus went for Fate. He checked the injuries Fate had acquired during their fight, but to his surprise, he saw none. After their intense fight, he didn't even see a bruise or even a scratch, although he saw Fate's mouth covered in blood. He also noticed Fate catching his breath, inhaling and exhaling deep and hastily.

     "You literally gave your best, didn't you?" Caeruleus exclaims under his breath. "Yes, you definitely did a good job," he adds.

     Caeruleus proceeds to remove the sickle embedded into his chest plate. He was left in shock as he realizes that the edge of Fate's sickle is barely an inch away from his chest.

      Caeruleus sat on the ground beside Fate as he watched the sun slowly setting down. He watched the birds fly in the direction of the Sun. Caeruleus felt he was sweating a lot. As such, he removed his chest plate to release the heat inside his body. It was a thing Caeruleus hates. It makes him uncomfortable and irritated.

     After removing his chest plate, a surge of a warm, gentle breeze made its way into Caeruleus. He had never felt such a serene feeling after a good, long fight. Sure, it wasn't the cool wind he wants, but does it matter to him? No. A gentle breeze is always the best breeze for him, may it be cool or warm. Feeling it is just as good as being above the clouds.

14 hours before The Triplet's Vow

     Fate woke up very tired. His body was heavy for him. He couldn't move his arms very well. It was as if he was paralyzed. Fate described the feeling as "being stomped by a Gargantua" as he cannot stand up that well. As a matter of fact, he couldn't move at all. Fate had no choice but to lie down on the ground.

     "So, you're awake already, huh?" Caeruleus asks Fate.

     "Y-yes sir," Fate mumbles, "I... I cannot move my body very well."

     "Looks like you overdid your own body, Fate. That doesn't sound very good."

     "I-I know sir, but does it matter now?"

     "Huh, what do you mean by that, kid?"

     "Sure, I almost killed myself in the process during our fight, but it is all worth it."

     "Hah hah! Talk about one's endurance and vitality."

     "..."

     "You did a very good job, Fate. You did."

     "Did I, sir?"

     "The sickle you just threw earlier... it made its way into my chest plate. It pierced my armor, Fate. I was left in shock you did that."

     "W-wait really, sir?"

     "Hah hah! It was barely an inch away from my chest. If I didn't wear my armor, you could've ended my life."

      "That is... surely fantastic, sir. Even I couldn't believe it..."

     "You are surprised too? Your dad would be very proud of you if he saw how you fought."