Chapter X, Act II: Agility

𝑇𝑤𝑜 𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑘𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑇𝑟𝑖𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑡'𝑠 𝑉𝑜𝑤...

     That two-week training was hell for Fate as he and Caeruleus trained intensely - to the point that they would almost kill each other. Both of them also trained nonstop as Caeruleus never lets a day pass without him training Fate. Overall, that two-week pressure cooker was worth it, nonetheless. Fate could already feel his significant amount of improvement. Caeruleus was a very big help for Fate.

     He and Caeruleus stopped 3 days of training, just to take a break. The two talked about each other's lives, and Fate was enlightened that Sir Caeruleus had a tremendous amount of perseverance during his childhood.

     "So, we're already on the third week, right?" Caeruleus asked Fate as he opens a chest at the back of the tent. He took out something resembling that of a ninja star, a shuriken to be exact. Fate never thought he had that one.

     "Yes, sir," Fate briefly replied.

     "Finish your breakfast and meet me at the tree just to the north of this tent, we will have another training session this week," Caeruleus told Fate.

     "Sure s-sir, I will-"

    Caeruleus was gone before Fate had the chance to reply, but he really don't mind. Fate could already hear his stomach growling so he ate his breakfast before it gets cold. He had seared mutton and fried rice as his breakfast. Fate noticed that he could easily finish half of the breakfast prepared by Caeruleus easily, perhaps it was because of the intense training both of them had. Fate thinks, "I never saw him eat anything, to be honest. I'm getting concerned but I don't mind, he's a fit, muscular guy after all."

     Fate headed towards the tree Caeruleus' telling him about earlier once Fate have finished his breakfast. Fate made sure he took the pairs of sickles along with him. He could feel that the other sickle got heavier, but thinking about the two-week intensive training, he could barely feel it. It's better than nothing. Sir Caeruleus modified it anyway, thanks to him Fate has a weapon to use.

     "I have finished my food, sir," Fate told Caeruleus, trying to get his attention.

     "I'm glad you're here already, I never thought you'd easily finish your breakfast," he told Fate as he throws a ninja star up in the air. He then catches it and throws it up in the air again, repeating the cycle over and over again. "How are you feeling?" he added.

      "My body is fully recovered, sir. I believe I took enough rest," Fate abruptly answered as he lean on his back towards the tree.

     "Kid," Caeruleus looks at Fate, "do you think you could catch this ninja-star when I threw it?"

     "That depends on where you'd throw it, sir."

     "Let me demonstrate what I'm trying to say."

     Caeruleus threw one of his ninja-stars forward. Fate never saw where that ninja-star went knowing its size. A strong wind blew from his right, and it turns out, Caeruleus leaped forward where he threw his ninja-star. Fate could not believe his eyes when Caeruleus caught them without even breaking a sweat.

     "Do you see what I mean, kid?" he asked Fate as he shows his ninja-star he just threw.

     Fate never gave any response as he is still shocked by what just happened, trying to process everything. He just nodded his head as his response.

     "I see..." Caeruleus said as he closely examines his ninja-star. After some seconds, Caeruleus looked at Fate's location and threw the ninja-star before Fate could react. It barely missed him as the ninja-star was already beside his left ear. Fate was frozen in shock and never moved as his heart rate pumped up. Fate's heart could jump out of his chest any moment now.