Chapter XIV: Break Free

- Like a shadow, fear will leave you never...

     The instant Fate made his first step inside of Eurik Town, he was immediately transferred to a location. It was as if he was teleported.

     There, Fate saw people with the same reaction as him, wondering why they were teleported. Eventually, the people realized they were teleported near the clock tower - where the public hearing will take place.

     Suddenly, the bell from the clock tower rang. The sound of the bell reverberated three times. It is an indication that the public hearing will take its place any moment now.

The public hearing will almost start...

     The ringing of the bell has finally halted. Echoes were heard a few seconds after the bell finished ringing. After that, there goes silence. The people around Fate were left in shock, they became speechless, unable to comprehend how and when everyone got transported near the clock tower.

     A few moments later, everyone started talking as if everyone knew each other. The silence was instantly filled with words of wondering and curiosity.

     "Glad to see you here, Fate," a mysterious woman said as she tapped Fate's shoulder.  Fate felt a sense of familiarity when she heard the voice.

     Fate looked to his right, where he heard the mysterious woman. To his surprise, he saw Lucien. She tapped his shoulder as if he was her friend. Fate's heartbeat spiked slightly, a small yet observable change for Fate.

     "Your heartbeat spiked, I could feel it. Why?" Lucien asked Fate as she stood beside him.

     "I-I'm just surprised... you acted as if you're my friend..." Fate replied nervously as he awkwardly stares away from the horizon. "A-also, how did you know?"

     "I could sense a drastic change from your physical ability, and I could feel it's just one step away from my magical ability. Let's say your skills are on par to mine, well, almost. Could be better for you if you worked harder."

     At last, someone saw Fate's hard work from the training he had with Caeruleus. First, it was Caeruleus who saw the results of what he had gone through, and now, Lucien - someone he likes - saw the same results as well.

     "I doubt my skills are the same level as yours, let alone my physical strength," Fate replied. "I-I mean, you defeated a monster that could potentially wipe out everyone inside the Academy."

     "Everyone overestimates me, sigh," Lucien reckons.

     "B-but what I said is true! You could easily put me to rest if we sparred right here and right now."

     "Tch, as if that would happen."

     Suddenly, a blow of a horn was heard, silencing everyone around Fate and Lucien once again. The blowing of the horn lasted for about ten seconds before it halts.

     Just in front of everyone is a stage. The stage is as high as half the height of the clock tower. Behind it is a staircase that extends near the edge of the said tower.

     Before them, there appeared two heavily armored men on the stage. Judging from their appearances, they seem to be high-ranked officials, higher than Caeruleus'. Both of them held a shield, each would extend from their chins to their toes once held in a protecting stance. However, the heavily armored men held different weapons: one holding a broad longsword, just like what Caeruleus used when he and Fate fought each other, and one holding a War Hammer.