Chapter X: Progression

- Blood, sweat, tears combined together makes the fruit of enormous result...

Caeruleus felt the cold, gentle breeze of the night as he went outside the tent. Stars filled the empty night sky. Clouds slowly revealed the crescent moon, lighting up the night sky much better. The sound of the crickets masked up the silence of the night. Fireflies then slowly lit themselves as Caeruleus walks out of the tent.

"Kid, what's taking you so long?" Caeruleus asked as he takes a wooden staff almost as tall as him at the back of the tent.

Fate hurriedly eats the Ramen and replies, "Sorry, sir. I haven't finished my food yet."

"Make yourself full, kid. Feel at home," Caeruleus replies back, "I will be waiting for you outside."

Caeruleus walks away from the tent as Fate finishes his ramen. He then sits down on the field and gazed upon the moon. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Ahhh," Caeruleus gasps, "I wonder if I could still make his mind change..."

"Tsk, that guy really is a pain in the ass," Caeruleus exclaims. He then stands up and picks up his wooden staff. Caeruleus went for the tent, but Fate's not inside. He went from the back of the tent but Fate cannot be found. All that's left inside is his bag.

"Fate??" Caeruleus shouts, but he got no response from Fate. He looked everywhere, but he cannot find any traces of Fate.

Suddenly, he hears a faint shout. "That must be Fate," he said.

Caeruleus tried to follow the direction in which he had heard the shout, but it seems that his ears deceived him.

"Gahhh!"

Caeruleus heard another scream again - a distant scream that he cannot track down. "Sigh," Caeruleus exclaims as he kneels and places his palm on the ground. "Kynigiso To Asyllipto."

A continuous vibration has been released after Caeruleus chanted the spell. In no time, he found Fate, but he never tried to follow the direction in which he had found Fate. Instead, he just kneeled and continuously distributed vibrations on the ground. There, he watched Fate fighting two entities. Caeruleus distributed another burst of vibration on the ground, but he cannot get a clear view of what Fate is trying to fight.

Caeruleus sighed, "It cannot be helped. I have to use magic on this one."

"Kryvoun."

Caeruleus became invisible after chanting a cloaking spell. He then teleported to where he located Fate.

Caeruleus arrived in the woods. The trees were so tall its leaves cover the entire night sky. The only thing that lights the surrounding is the flowers that pulsate a gloomy blue-ish violet color along with the fireflies that emanate a bright yellowish light from their tails.

To remain completely concealed, Caeruleus hid behind a tree in a manner where he can still see Fate's situation.

"How did this kid get here from the tent?" he asked himself while observing Fate, "Did he get lured?"

There, Caeruleus saw Fate fighting two wolves; Fate's already in bad shape when he saw him fighting. The wolves measure three feet tall and five feet in length. Both of the wolves have sharp, canine teeth measuring up to three inches. Caeruleus analyzed the wolves; one of the wolves has a scar on its left eye while the other one has scars on both of each eye, leaving the other wolf completely blind.

***

A wolf with a scar on its left eye pounced on Fate, but he managed to dodge the attack. Fate is already exhausted and is about to pass out, but he stood his ground and persisted. "It's to kill or to be killed," he thinks.