Chapter V: A poisoned dagger

Neither you nor your parents knew what had happened at the Mins. You only knew that Suga had returned to Seoul the very next day, but a week had passed, and he hadn't texted or called you again. You wanted to text to him first, but you knew he was busy with his work, and you were worried you might bother him, or give him a bad impression that you were a clingy girl.

That kiss that didn't happen still ached. But you were confused, you remembered everything you did together that day and you were under the impression that he might like you. There was no way to be sure, you wanted to see him again.

It was the weekend once again and you couldn't take it anymore. You sent him a text message.

"Oppa, how are you?

Have you eaten lunch today?

If you are not so busy, we could meet.

I want to repay you for last time.

It was delicious, and I want to go to that place again. "

You sent him several texts and he read them, but he did not reply. You assumed that he was very busy, so you threw your phone on the bed and continued with your tasks. After a couple of minutes, you heard that a message came in.

"Okay.

See you there. I'm on my way out."

Your heart skipped a beat. He had accepted your invitation. You ran to the mirror to get ready and ran quickly to the restaurant.

He wasn't there yet, so you sat at a table waiting for him and sent another text.

"I just got here. I'll wait for you."

He saw the message, but he did not reply. Several minutes had passed when you spotted him from afar. That day he showed up with a new hair color, you could see it very well under his cap, it was amazing. You smiled thinking about how this oppa who you have known all your life had really become an idol.

Yoongi looked at you and walked over to the table. His expression was very stern. He greeted you simply and sat across from you.

Y/n: Thanks for coming. (You smiled at him).

He nodded coldly. You knew that Yoongi had that duality, if he wasn't in the mood, he was very quiet and distant, so you didn't think anything about it.

Y/n: What would you like to order? I will eat the same thing as last time.

Suga looked the menu up and down, then put it on the table visibly annoyed.

Y/n: Would you like me to order for you?

Yoongi: (Looking at you coldly, he whispered). Sure.

You ordered fried chicken and beer for both; you knew he liked that. You were surprised when he changed the drink order and said that he would not have alcohol that day.

The silence during lunch was deafening. You were happy to be with him, but you felt uncomfortable about his attitude. It was a radical change compared to the last time. If things continued be like this, you would not be able to tell if he liked you or not.

After lunch you asked him if he wanted to walk with you to a nearby plaza. You thought that if you could get him to shift his mood, he would be a little more expressive. He kept silent just staring at you, so you took it as a yes.

While walking down the street, you tried to meet his eyes, but he avoided your gaze. You wondered if there was something going on at work that bothered him.

Y/n: How is work going? I saw that you changed your hair color, it suits you very well, do you like it?

Yoongi: All good.