Chapter XI: Rival

Philip was waiting for you at the entrance to the dorms, still in his pajamas. He was surprised to see you arrive with Suga. You tried to keep the meeting short, but your friend was not about to let things go so easily.

Philip: Hey, are you okay?

Y/n: Yes, I already told you over the phone, I'm perfectly fine.

Philip: Can we talk for a moment alone?

The Frenchman looked at Suga as he asked you this, making the latter frown. You couldn't let them start arguing like at the party.

Y/n: I don't have much time right now, Philip. Yoongi and I have some errands to run.

Philip: (Grabbing your wrist) It will just be a moment.

You withdrew his hand immediately, before Yoongi reacted.

Y/n: We are really on a hurry; we'll talk about it later. By the way, Philip, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding between you two, I know I didn't formally introduce you and that has caused a lot of reservations on both sides. This is Min Yoongi, my

You stopped for a moment, how were you going to introduce Suga? He too was expectant, eager to know the answer.

Y/n: My boyfriend, he is my boyfriend.

Suga smirked arrogantly. Introducing him as your boyfriend was victory enough. Philip reacted in amazement.

Y/n: We had broken up, that's what we were arguing about. However yesterday we managed to resolve our differences and got back together.

At that moment you held Suga's hand, trying to appear more convincing. He was stunned, but he also held your hand.

Y/n: Yoongi, this is Philip. He is my classmate; we are both majoring in architecture. He is an exchange student and together with other friends we gather to study, but since we are on vacation now, sometimes we go out with the rest of the group to entertain ourselves.

Philip watched as you held hands, Suga analyzed his expression carefully. He reached out to Philip with his free hand. Philip was a little slow to react, but he responded to the shake with a great deal of seriousness. Yoongi smiled triumphantly.

You thanked him again for taking care of your things and left with Suga. You were still holding hands until you were sure that Philip had lost sight of you. The truth was that neither of you wanted to let go, but both assumed that the other disliked such contact.

There were obviously no errands to run, so you headed back to the apartment. Suga had the day off, so he stayed by your side all day. You both lay on the couch and spent the whole-time watching television, without exchanging words. You ordered food at home and just watched more tv, there was nothing else to do.

Yoongi realized at that moment how lonely you were. You couldn't go to your maiden house in Daegu, you didn't go to class, you couldn't bring friends to the apartment, and now he had forbidden you to hang out with them anywhere else. He also didn't come by frequently, nor did he call you to say hello. You were completely alone in that cold apartment, as if it were a prison. This thought made him feel remorseful.

From that day on, when he didn't have to work and you didn't have classes, which was sporadic, he invited you to Bangtan's house. Although he himself didn't talk to you much, at least you were entertained by the other members. Little by little you were gaining their trust, to the point where Jimin and V considered you a same age friend, while Jungkook treated you as a 'Noona'.

Another six months passed; your second semester was almost over. There had been no major mishaps between the two of you, but your relationship was not making progress either. However, you recognized everything that Yoongi did for you, he was very responsible in his financial obligations to you. Your parents kept paying your tuition, but everything else was on to him.