Chapter XVIII: Adversary

Suga and Suni had finished the song they had collaborated on, but there was a lot to do before it was released. Among those things, they had to shoot a music video.

He asked Jimin and V to come to the set one day and take you with them. You accompanied them excited, it was the first time you visited a set and get to know everything that the production of a video implied.

The three of you stood back a bit so as not to distract Yoongi or interfere with the shooting. He was very focused on his work, but when he had a break, he would come up to you to talk. He was very smiling, all because of your presence.

Suni on the other hand, was not very happy with the extra figures. She had greeted the boys as usual, but with you she had been colder than usual. Jimin and V noticed this and suggested you to not get too close to her, as there were some idols who would get very stressed during filming and might treat the staff and others badly.

But that wasn't what really got her worked up, this was supposed to be an individual project between her and Suga, and she hated that you showed up to steal her spotlight.

Jimin and V were dancing around the set between cuts, so the director approached them with the fun idea of them appearing as extras in the video. Jimin and V accepted immediately, very happy, even though they appeared very far in the background of the shot, and it was going to be difficult for fans to recognize them. But it was still going to be a fun anecdote to reveal during the promotion period.

In that scene, only Suga appeared with the dancers, including V and Jimin. While they repeated the take several times, you left to the area where the catering was, to grab something to eat. Suni was there too, eating alone. Seeing you, she asked you to sit at her table.

There was no excuse to reject her gesture, so you sat down next to her to eat. She asked if you liked the food and what you thought of the video so far. You replied that it was a very creative concept and that it was surely going to be a success, that the song was very good.

She started telling you about her experience working with Suga in the studio, she was telling you how she looked up to him, that he was a great songwriter and an extremely skilled rapper. You agreed to everything she said, although you wanted to run away from the table so as not to listen to her anymore, you could perceive her shameless infatuation with him. She continued.

Suni: And it's not just the professional field. He is a very good friend; he is always very attentive to me every time we see each other. We have had many opportunities to meet through our work activities, but those interactions have served to strengthen our friendship.

Y/n: Yes, he is very attentive and gentlemanly. Not only with you of course, he is like that in general. He is a good guy.

Suni: Yes, he is a good person but I have felt a special connection between us. The press and the tabloids have said many false things in recent months, but not everything is a lie, there is a great friendship between us.

You were dying of rage inside.

Suni: Excuse me, I don't know why I'm telling you all this It's because you guys have been friends for a long time and now, we're friends too thanks to him. So, I wanted to ask you something in confidence.

Y/n: What is it?

Suni: Do you have any interest in him?

Her question took you by surprise. You didn't know what to answer, no one knew about the relationship between you and Suga, and it didn't seem appropriate to reveal it to her of all people.

Y/n: No, we're just friends.

Suni: Good! I'm so glad to hear that, so there won't be any hard feelings between us.