Chapter VIII: The wedding

Three months had passed, Suga had traveled with Bangtan to Japan for a promotional tour. The Min and your parents agreed that the wedding would take place at his return.

Your mom and Yoongi's had proposed to have a wedding party followed by a simplified traditional ceremony. You insisted on having only the traditional ceremony; a wedding party would be very painful considering there was nothing to celebrate. Something fast would be the best for you and Suga.

Your parents were sad, they always dreamed of the wedding of their only daughter, and they wanted to celebrate it big, but they took your wishes into account. They still worked hard to make the day a very special one. You made the firm decision to smile and pretend to be happy that day, so as not to sadden your parents more.

The ceremony was in Daegu, in a very private area. Your Hanbok was beautiful, you looked like a princess from the Joseon dynasty. Even Suga was surprised to see you, his eyes flashed at you. He looked amazing himself in his Hanbok.

Suga did not invite anyone from the company, members or staff. None of you knew that he had not notified about his wedding, he was getting married behind the back of Bangtan and Big Hit. Only relatives of both attended the wedding.

To your surprise, Yoongi was very smiling and serene. Like you, he had made up his mind not to make anyone's day bitter.

Even the wedding photos came out divine, you both even appeared to be in love. Suga took you delicately by the waist, by the hand, looked at you with tenderness and with that smile that you loved. You put your hands on his arms, caressed his face and even for one of the photos you gave him a little kiss on the cheek. The photographer asked you for a picture kissing on the lips, but neither of you dared. Suga evaded him with the excuse that you two were very shy.

Both your parents saved money and paid a hotel suite for the wedding night. You were uneasy, you had no idea what to expect. You were afraid that Suga would try to force you into something.

When you got to the suite, he showered and put on pajamas. Then you went to the bathroom. When you came out in your pajamas, he was taking some pillows off the bed.

Yoongi: There's a living room outside, I'm going to sleep on the couch over there.

You just nodded. You felt relieved that you didn't even have to share the bed, and that it had been his initiative, otherwise you would be sleeping on the couch.

You crawled between the sheets and tried to sleep, it had been too long and tiring a day, but you couldn't get to sleep. Apparently Suga didn't either, you could hear the sound of the TV on.

That night, neither of you slept.

The next morning, you got up and took a quick shower again. Your head ached from not being able to sleep for even an hour. It was still very early, but you heard Suga talking on the phone, although you didn't understand what he was talking about.

After you changed your clothes, he came into the room.

Suga: I'm going to take a shower.

You nodded and left the room to give him privacy. Outside there was a table by the window where you could see the city. The sun was rising, so the sky was tinted with very beautiful colors. It was so early that you didn't know if you could already order breakfast, so you just sat there, admiring that view.

Suga came out after a while, drying his hair with a towel. He was dressed to go out.

Yoongi: I have to go back to Seoul this afternoon, they called me from the company. What are you going to do?

You were surprised with the news. Even though you didn't have high expectations, you figured you would at least do something together, it was your honeymoon after all.

Y/n: I don't know, I'll go to my parents, I guess.

Yoongi: You can't go to your parents' house. What will they think when they find out that I left you alone the day after the wedding? You will leave them worried, and my parents will also find out.

He was right. That would leave them uneasy.

Y/n: Then I'll go back with you to Seoul.

Yoongi: Okay, I'm going to request some tickets for the train. In a little while well order breakfast and then check out.

The train ride took about three hours. You were sitting at the window and Yoongi at the side of the hall. He put on his headphones, and you could hear the rap track ringing out of them. He leaned back in the seat and closed his eyes.

You knew it would be a long journey and you had already seen the landscape so many times that it was not something to cheer you up. Talking with your companion was not an option, so you took a notebook and pencil out of your bag to draw.

At one point during the trip, Suga placed his hand over yours. You looked at him startled, but you realized that he was deep asleep, it had been an instinctive reflex. You stared at his hand on yours and wished for a second that it had been intentional, that you could hold his hand for the rest of the trip. Then you noticed that he turned his head towards you, still asleep. You stared at his features, his handsome face with perfect skin, you loved seeing him without makeup. Without realizing it, you were smiling.

You leaned back in your seat, still staring at him. Everything around you seemed to disappear, you were extremely immersed in him.

He began to open his eyes. You blushed deeply and turned your face quickly to the front, hoping that he had not noticed how you were looking at him. He looked at his hand on yours and pulled it away, clearing his throat in the process, making you feel empty right then and there.

What you didn't know was that Suga had woken up since his hand hit your arm. He noticed how you were looking at him and he didn't want to take it away, he wanted to feel your skin. He closed his eyes again and leaned a little towards you, to be closer. He knew you were staring intensively at him because he could feel your breath against his face. He remembered that night when he almost kissed you, he wondered if something would have improved in your relationship if he had not restrained himself that time.

But he couldn't hold that posture anymore or he would end up kissing you right there. That's why he pretended to wake up, because he knew that you would turn your face away from him immediately.

When the train entered Seoul, he took off his headphones.

Yoongi: Y/n, your things are already in the new apartment. I'll take you to the building, but I'll have to leave to the company immediately. The apartment is only a little bigger than where you were before, there is a main bedroom and a small one that is going to be fitted out as your office. There is a desk for you to work on your stuff there. I don't know if the space is enough, because it also functions as a laundry room, but I hope it will suit you.

You just listened to him carefully.

Yoongi: You can do whatever you want, decorate it however you like. You can move things, or I don't know, everything is at your disposal. I only have a few clothes in the closet. In the main bedroom there is a shower and toilet. Besides these two rooms there is a small kitchen and a living room.

Y/n: Don't worry, I was used to a lot less. Also, most of my time is spent on campus. It is practically only for sleeping and for weekends.

He just nodded.

Yoongi: There is something else. I guess you know, but just to be clear, you can't take anyone there. (You got annoyed with his comment and he noticed.) It's for our safety, just that.

About half an hour later, you were finally in the new home. The building was in the same residential area, so there were no big issues with your routine. He gave you the access code and helped you with the bags, then he said goodbye. Thus ended that so called "honeymoon."

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: This fanfic is also posted on YouTube and TikTok. You can find me as BangtaniesFics.